Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Conch

DAN

New Conch

Ivan
    this thing is incredable! Aclimated into tank 2pm. This gizzmo just hasn't stopped ,went right to work and is still going .Doing a great job ,SB is spotles where it cleaned so far
    DAN

What kind of conch did you get?
    Susan

ijo
    I think he got a strawberry conch

The strawberry's are my absolute favorite conch. They get big enough to do some major cleaning but not so big that they knock things over or starve. They do spend time under the sand now and then but not as much as the smaller fighting conchs. I have a queen conch as well that I'm planning to move to the 300g when it's ready. She's outgrown my 120g now. Great critter though. Conchs are really interesting when they get bigger.
    Susan

I couldn't find any info on the strawberry conch so I posted on Reef Central. Here is the thread with what Dr. Ron said, if others are interested - http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...hreadid=388421

Vickie

Hmmmm, I will always defer to Dr. Ron but if he's right my snail isn't a strawberry conch because it's about 3" long now.
    Susan

I was wondering why a 1 inch snail would need a 6 inch sand bed but decided that Dr. Ron must know what he's talking about. I think I'll wait until Sat. and ask about it.

Vickie

My sandbed is about 4 inches, 5 in others. It supports both my conchs just fine. When they go under they don't go deep, just enough to be buried. My bed is deep enough for the queen to go completely under but last time she went down I could still see the topmost part of her shell above ground. Not sure why they'd need that much sand really. It will be interesting to see what he says.
    Susan

DAN

new conch

Flame*Ange
    how big do these strawberry conch get ? This one here is already 2.25 X1.5 with a smooth shell,a great worker wish I'd got it before I wasted all that time on the hermits and astrias but they are still neede for the out of reach places . Doing agreat job!!! By the way I got a chance to look over yor site at RC EXELENT by the way!!!!
    DAN

You should check out Flame angel's web site. The talking coral is my favourite.

Dan. My conch did no cleaning at all - just a lot of hunting. If yours is cleaning, there should be no worries about what type it is.
    Sara

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast