Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Freshwater dips with formalin-3

Is there anybody out there beside me that uses formalin-3 bath dips for removing parasites or when you add a new fish?

I was going to try once with my lions but never did. I'd be interested to know. I'm starting a new FOWLR tank and will have only a fu-manchu lion, volitan, and an urchin. If it works I'll keep it in stock. How is your lionfish doing. My fingers are still crossed.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

I used it on my french angel that had some type of parasites and was rubbing himself again the gravel.I gave him a freshwater bath with formalin-3 for 6 minutes and its been 3 days and no rubbing anymore.

My lion is in his quarantine with maracyn two now for the llast 2 days..he got 3 days left to go but he hasnt started eating yet.Maybe he is just stressed about the quanrantine tank.Its been 2 week and 3 days without any food.....I hope he will eat when i get him out.......
    Derik...

Lions are pretty hardy .. you can even cycle tanks with them and when you do they stop eating when the ammonia and nitrite levels in your water get near their peaks... If he was eating well and healthy before this fungus issue started .. stiff upper lip .... and ride it out in the QT setup. As soon as he is all healed up he will go on a feeding budge so feed him well. the freshwater dips are a good way to control infection and disease but i prefer to select my fish VERY carefully and use a UV unit. Before I got the UV unit I used to use a product called DIPX... It worked well even on pinantis bat fish which are very delicate.
    Rob

you your uv in line with your tank?
    Derik...

my UV is in-line out of the sump so "ALL WATER" goes through it. I know there are issues with doing this but it WORKS WELL and I prefer my fish alive over the stuff it kills
    Rob

i dont know very much about uv lights but i will sure look it up....
    Derik...

UV light "KILLS" everything that passed it if the flow rate is correct for the given unit. I have had NO fish illness since installing it
    Rob

so it does kill all the good bacteria that is estabblished for the biological filtration
    Derik...

again ... it "KILLS" everything that passed it when set up correctly.
    Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast