Percula Clown-Bubble anemone

I have a pair of percula clowns, and introduced a bubble anemone about a week ago. So far the clowns have shown a complete and utter lack of interest in the anemone? They don't even go near it. I thought they would really enjoy it? I wonder if they are captive bred or maybe so happy or safe feeling they don't know or don't need to go to the anemone? Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

When I introduced my anenome for my false percs it took the male about a week to move in and the female took about a month to move in. Now that I've changed tanks, the anenome has split into 2 and the clowns have left the anenome and host in the Xenia...@(#()* clowns....

I have a pair of true percs who immediately took my bubble as a host, however I don't think it is thier first choice for host in the wild. It is really 50/50 when you don't have the right anemone for your clowns. there is an excellant on line description of all host anemonies and clowns- I can't find it rght now, but try googling 'clown fish and their host anemonies' or something like that and you might find it. Sometimes it takes a few monthes for the clowns to take a host- especially if they are captive bred.
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

According to the book I've got, bubbletips naturally host Maroon and Bluestripe, but in the aquarium may host Common, Tomato, and Clark's. Perculas seem to host in Leathery or Button anemones (heteractis crispa) - not common in aquaria- , Magificent or Ritteri (h. magnifica), or Carpet anemones. That being said. clowns may host in zoos if they like them!

Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

Does that mean that if you have an ocellaris clown, he wont go in a bubbletips? or he could still go, but after a few time only? But he will automaticaly go in Heteractis magnifica as soon as you put it in the tank?
    Richard

Hobby Experience: Newbie
    600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

It means there's always a chance that any clown will host any anemone or none at all. You might even have an anemone in the tank and a certain clown might choose another coral or powerhead to host even. It's really where they feel comftorable/at home the most.

My ocellaris clowns did eventually move to my bubble tip anemone but it was many months before they did. In an aquarium there are just no guarantees on any clown living in any anemone.
    Susan

I have 2 true percs and then I introduced a pink tip and they showed no interest. I then introduced a maroon clown and he took to it the first night. It's actually pretty funny when the anenome starts to deflate and the maroon thinks he can still fit in it, silly clown...
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott