Help with cucumber

Few days ago I was at local LFS and asked for something that will clean sand bed in my tank. Person working there recommended either a starfish or cucumber. Somehow I liked cucumber more so I got one. Being warned by person who sold it to me about cucumber sensitivity to salinity change I did quite long acclimatization adding tank water over several hours. After I put it in the tank cute thingy looked quite happy and was eating greenish send and expelling clean one on the other side. After few hours it went under rockwork so I havenít seen it whole next day. It showed up next evening and after few hours went again under rocks. For next 2 days there was no sign of it. Then 3 days ago I spotted it under one rock and I felt a bit better but it is under same rock in same position for past 3 days. I can see that is alive because it does moves a bit but doesnít move from same spot. I donít have anything that might bother it except usual thingies like bristleworms and pods.
    I would like to ask if this is unusual behavior for a cucumber and if they need time to acclimate to new tank.
    Everything else is doing great.

Thanks.
    Man that goes to bed with itchy butt, wakes up with stinky finger!
    -Confusious

My tiger tail seems to get busy at night. He will hook one end of his body to the LR and move the other end around the bed cleaning.

From what I read this is quite common for the tiger tail species.

Do you have a tiger tail or is it the black knobbie type?

My tiger tail did that as well. After a week or so of not seeing him, yesterday, I found him draped over the glass cleaning magnet at the top of the tank. He gradually moved down the glass and lay in the lower front corner the rest of the day. This morning, he is gone again. I guess that corner needed cleaning.

Vickie

I have two kinds, a tiger tail and a black knobby. I find the tiger tail doesn't leave his rock much at all but at night stretches out and cleans the sand in the area. The black knobby isn't shy at all and roams all over the tank day and night constantly cleaning the sand.

Tiger tails are a brown with white bumpy pointed spots. The black knobby is just black and lumpy looking, not very attractive but a great cleaner.
    Susan

Thanks for replies.
    Now my hart beats a bit slower. I have Tiger tail (sorry not mentioning that earlier) so sand around ďhisĒ rock looks quite clean now.

Again thanks to all, you made my day.
    :bounce: :bananadan :clap2:
    Man that goes to bed with itchy butt, wakes up with stinky finger!
    -Confusious

From my experience with different cukes, they will almost always take a few days to become active. People always worry in the beginning when they get their first one because of this.
    You should try to get one of the black Holothuria types ( the black ones mentioned by Flame) because these are the "most" active being out day & night.