Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

choosing fish....

I am thinking about the fishes i want in my 33 gallons tank.
    For the moment, i have 2 ocellaris clowns. I just order a six line wrasse that i will pick up on the next weekend. Someone is selling his pseudochromis diadema and i was wondering if he will be too agressive...
    My next fish will be a purple firefish, but i am not sure yet finding the helfrich really attractive, but soo expensive.

What do you guys think?
    should i take the diadema? will it be okay in my tank with the other fishes?

Any suggestions of fish will be nice
    Thanks
    Richard
    Richard

Hobby Experience: Newbie
    600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

I think that the sixline, the pseudochromis diadema and the firefish will not get along with each other. Three of these fish seem to have similar needs and wants in their homes so I think it would be a constant war. I think that if you took the dottyback out of the mix, the wrasse and firefish would get along alright (hopefully).

Sixlines can be very aggressive if they feel threatened. I had one that was a silly fun loving fish until I added a leopard wrasse. He killed it. If they are with fish who aren't competition they're fine. I think the sixline would be fine with the clownfish and firefish but not the pseudochromis. I did have a firefish with my sixline without any problems.
    Susan

Ok i wont get the pseudochromis, do you have any idea what kind of fish i could have instead? I am looking for a colorful fish that could go in my 33 gallons. i would prefer a fish with yellow...
    Richard

600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

I'd get a midas blenny. It should get along with what you have and they are hilarious to watch. Loads of character. And yellow!
    Susan

Yup thats a nice fish with full of character but the thing is that i already have a yellow watchman goby and a lawnmoyer blenny. Those fishes have a lot of character and i was looking for something that can swim, more than staying on the sand.

Richard
    Richard

What about a yellow coris?

i dont know, liveaquaria.com is saying that the care level is for expert and its for caution in a reef...
    Richard

We had a full discussion about this fish a few months ago (serach for yellow wrasse). The consensus was that the Live Aquaria site was incorrect about the reef caution.
    Nick

I don't think the care level should be expert either. I have known people who have kept these fish who are hardly experts...lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast