new tank setting up advice please

alright seeing I am still a newbie iI was wondering what type of aroinite ?? sand I should use i see there are a few brands out there some are called( live) any benifits or will it all do the same.and various prices Also I have not yet built the sump or bought one, or a pump yet .Any suggestions please
    this is for a( 72 bow with overflow ) what kind of pump is a good one and quiet too.
    Also how much base rock and LR should I start with.Questions I know I have lots thanks in advance for advice to all the contribute.

Most will not pay the premium for live sand. They prefer to seed the bed with a cup of Sand from an established tank. as for the type that will depend on what you want to put in the tank. It is my opinion that the substrate should be all the same size ... and graded for size. It should also be somewhat finer then the standard crushed coral sand.

Pump ... if submersed you will be doing pretty good with a suitable selection from the MAG series. A MAG 9.5 would be about 700 gallons an hour after accounting for head. They are pretty quite. If in-line (out of the sump) I will let others make a suggestion as in-line pumps have changed a lot since I last owned one. hope that's of some help to you. And welcome to the board ... EH
    Rob

new tank setup

I have heard that adding live sand from someone else could also bring problems with it i.e antthink that many have been in thier tank but thanks for the advice and yes i have heard or the mag series i kinda looking that way .

Well ..... every time you add something / anything that is alive to your tank you are inviting trouble. I have however never heard of Quarantining sand. If you get the live sand from a safe tank with no issues your going to be in good shape.
    Rob

One way to get around the live sand problem is to get cheaper uncured live rock and cure it yourself in the tank.

This will give you a very "live" sandbed. When you buy live sand from a LFS all you are getting is sand from the bottom of thier curing tank. You can do the same thing yourself.

The next challenge is to find somebody that can drop-ship uncured liverock to your local airport. IJO might be able to help you.

just go directly to ottawa to see ivan for live stuff tou are about 2 hours away.