Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fish gone missing, vanished

This morning i went to go feed mt fish and i noticed that one of my clowns was missing. My two clowns always chill on the glass of the left side. Somehow is just vanished to my disbelief. I turned on the lights and i couldn't find it. I really doubt it could of fell in my overflow or got sucked in a power head. Is it possible it went hiding to lay eggs somewhere in the rocks? This was the female from a maited pair. Anyone have any ideas? And no, it wasen't floating on the surface

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Check around the rocks, Check powerhead intakes, and check the floor around and behind your tank. She may have jumped.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

i have a glass top she couldn't have jumped, dont want to think that it might be in the power head intake.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I've had fish disapear for a day then reapear so I wouldn't worry about it in the short term....after a day tho I would start poking around the rocks looking for the remains.
    35Gal mixed Reef with light fish load. 250W MH, Jebo Skimmer,

100Gal FOWLR- Heavy fish load and a few soft corals.

the thing is that these clowns never swim away from the side. They dont swim around the rocks.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."

Any crabs in the tank large enough to take on a clown? My emerald took out my yellow-tail damsel when she was a little sick due to a dead heater.
    35Gal mixed Reef with light fish load. 250W MH, Jebo Skimmer,

100Gal FOWLR- Heavy fish load and a few soft corals.

nothing other than hermits. Unless my tellow tang ate the whole clown cna cleaned the dish very well.

When my clowns were new they always stuck to one corner of the tank. After a time they got settled and started looking for new territory. They have changes spots many times over the years. Currently they (unfortunately) reside in the back of the tank and I hardly ever see them. Perhaps yours will just show up in a few days.
    Susan

As per the others .. give it a few days. I have 7 Blue Green Chromes in my tank and from time to time there's only 5 or 6 and I wonder if one has passed away. Then next time I do a head count there is 7 again.
    Rob

VERY BAD NEWS. I removed the bottom part of one of my power heads and there he was. The Female is now very lonely and i am pretty pissed. I never thought this could have happened, i guess i was wrong. I am gonna go buy another one tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast