Thread: RBTA Help?

RBTA Help?

So I got an RBTA the other day and it show up quite a bit smaller that I was expecting about 3-4 inches. My maroon (3-4 inches) landed in it before I even got it placed. It didn't seem to mind at first but the maroon pestered it into hiding. It crawled into a cave where it is staying and the maroon is pressed up against it in the cave. Kinda hard to feed it when I can't even see it! How long should I wait before I am concerned and take action. I think maroon "needs a time out". Any suggestions? I could throw it in my fuge for a while (providing I could get it outta my display) but I don't know if it would like the lighting.

R

If you want the RBTA grows big quickly, just feed it DAILY. In no time it will fit the maroon.

Originally posted by apoon
    If you want the RBTA grows big quickly, just feed it DAILY. In no time it will fit the maroon.
    I would love to feed it but I can't even see it.

R

Sometimes they take a few weeks to adjust to a new tank as they crawl around the rocks and sometimes they just come right out- give it some time to acclimate to your tank. Don't try to feed it until it looks expanded and happy. I don't know if I agree with feeding it daily- I've seen this practice actually stress out the anemonie- maybe once it is fully established....Only fed it if you can watch the tentacles actually react to the food and begin drawing into the mouth. If the anemonie doesn't really react to the food, leave it alone for a while
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

I've had my rbta 6 months and have only fed it 1/2 scallop once and it is still growing and looks awsome.

i feed mine every 3 days or so

Originally posted by Rentaltux
    I would love to feed it but I can't even see it.

R
    I fed it last nite and it closed around the food. I managed to strong arm the maroon away from the RBTA for about 5-10 minutes before the Maroon won the battle. Do you think that was long enough for RBTA to get some of the food I gave it?
    R

If it had a good hold on the food, I would think that it got it. The clown shouldn't take the food away from the anemonie. Usually they play with it a little and then let the anemonie have it.
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high