Red antennae thingys?

Looking at the LR last night with a flashlight and tiny movements caught my eye. All I could make out were these long, very red, antennae like things. They were extremely active and were attached to something that looked like a shrimp but it seemed to be embedded in the LR somehow. I looked at it again this morning and it is still there with its long antennae poking around. There are about 5 or 6 of them. It is way to inconspicuous to get a picture of so I am hoping that someone may recognize this and have an idea of what this may be. Hopefully?!

Thanks in advance!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    antenna imbedded in rock...... still in the same place this morning...

I'm thinking maybe a peanut worm?

Does it look like it retracts INTO itself?
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

No I have peanut worms and this is nothing like it. Is it possible that it's some sort of algae that looks like it's moving around with a purpose? lol
    I realize that without a picture, I may never get a positive id. I just hoped someone may recognize what I am trying to describe! Thanks for the input though!
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

I have some of these. There is a hard worm shaped "shell" attached to the rock and just two red antanae bits that come out. They cast webs. Harmless but they can spread and too many webs isn't overly attractive.
    Susan

That must be it then. Glad it's not some sort of mantis hiding out! lol

Thanks!
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Well, there's no guarantee that you have what I have. Lots of things that live in rocks have antanaes. Have you been able to see any kind of tubular shell?
    Susan

No I haven't because it is so far into the rock that the only thing I see are the little red antennae things! Believe me though, I will be keeping an eye on it and will report anything new!
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!