UCO (Uknown Crawling Object)

I have attached an image of some sort of snail. Sorry for the poor quality.(Best I could do with my measly camera!) I can only describe it as being an upside down oblong bowl with a feathery skirt. Dunno if this makes sense but maybe someone out there has one and can tell me what it is. Any help is appreciated, specifically if this is a bad critter! Thanks all in advance!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    It's hard to tell from the picture, however it could be one of 2 things.

- Stomatella Snail (Great film algae eaters)
    - Limpet (Some good, some bad)

Can you capture it and get a closeup?
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Since I can't figure out how to attach more than one pic per post, bear with me and I will attach the other 3 that I took. As I said these are the best I could get without becoming too blurred. Thanks
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

another........
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

and finally........
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

I don't think it's a Stomatella because don't they have long bodies that extend out of the shell? I don't even see the body of this one except for the feathery (sort of) skirt around the whole shell.
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

K, just looked at some images of Limpets and I think this is what it is. How will I know if it's good or bad?
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Still hard to tell from the pic, however the description of a skirt that you keep referring to tends to make me think that it is indeed a limpet. Some are known to eat coral, however others are quite peaceful. When in doubt, put it in your sump or refugium if you have one.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Since I don't have a sump or refuge, I will leave him be for now. Just got some zoos so I will keep my eye on him fo' sho'!
    Thanks for the info!
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!