Thread: Another alien!

Another alien!

Man, I swear I'm gettin some funky little creatures!
    As usual, lookin at the LR tonight and found what appeared to be some sort of flat worm living in my zoo rock. So I started to panic a little and took the rock out for closer inspection. What I found was some sort of mollusk. When I took it out of the water, its tongue or whatever it was retracted into what appeared to be some sort of mussel-like shell. Its tongue was somewhat luminous with traces of blue, kind of floating through it. I can't get a really good look at it because it is living inside a little hole in the rock. I know I have asked this a dozen times and I am sure you all are getting sick of it but...ya never know who might have the answer! Any clues as to what this may be?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

I love your post xena cause I always learn a new 'bad' critter....LOL

This is really helpfull

hahaa Only thing is I dunno if this thing is good or bad. See if I was one of those evil people, I would take it out and have it over with...but NOOOOOO I gotta be the one to try and figure out what it is first. Darnit, why couldn'tit have been a spider, I would've known what to do then.....lol
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Ok, Spoke to the LFS guy and he thinks it may be some sort of barnacle because of the way it unfurls, is sensitive to light, and comes out of some sort of shell! I think he may be right too. Very cool creature!
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!