Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Live Rock Arrived

I ordered 100 lbs of live rock with Ivan last Monday. Lo and behold, I get home tonight and there is a message that the rock is in. I scooted on over, picked up the rock, then straight to Home Depot for a couple more pails. They had 65 litre tubs on at 5.98 so I picked up two of them, along with a tarp. (setting up cleaning station in the kitchen)

I just finished going over the rock and cleaned the obviously dead stuff off. A couple of worms were hanging around in the box, so I left them there, not sure what they are. I placed the rock in the tank for the night and will do some aquascaping tomorrow. I am a little too tired to try this tonight. (Although I feel I could stay up all night and just look at the rock.)

I am new to this, so am not a great judge of rock. But the stuff I got is beautiful. It came from the same source as Flame Angel's. The rock has built in caves and tunnels. All kinds of colours of corraline. Rock shapes are completely random, i.e no symmetry, lots of different edge styles, flat pieces, mini mountains, what appears to be coral tree, etc.

I will try to get some pictures tomorrow after I do the aquascaping.

This is great news...

I'm waiting for my base rock tomorrow...

I'm so..excited even they're plain dead!!...hehehe...

I wish you good luck with your new setting

sweet!

Where did you get the rock?
    180G - Reef
    29G - Goldfish

exellent...take some pics!

yes thumbs up to IJO as thats the second bacth for me and its awsome rock.

RaceFaceR1, I ordered the rock through IJO.

It comes uncured, but I am setting up a new tank so I can cure it in the new tank. Cant wait to get the aquascape started today. I feel like a kid with a new toy.
    180g with 2 x 54g corner bowfront bookends. 220 FOWLR in the works, 75g sump, 75g fuge, 75g QT.
    Solaris I4 72", 2 x 150 HQI Outer Orbit Pendants, Reeflo Orca 250, Profilux controller, Tunze 6101's and 6055's, Deltec CA Rx, PM Kalk Mixer, PM SR45 reactors.

I can confirm that the rock is great. I picked up mine right after Johny Rock. I took the closed box and was not dissapointed with the results. No smells, good sizes and shapes. It's sitting in a 25 gal saltwater bath with good water cirulation for the next 5 days or so. If no ammonia spike in that time, into the display tanks she goes! That'll be 120 lbs of LR in a 125 gal tank....good start.

Thanks Ivan,
    Gary:biggrinbo

I took some pictures of the rock that came. Some are a little blurry but you get the idea. Hope this works

Notice the little cave

And another (good way to get my post count up)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast