Thread: blue tang food?

blue tang food?

My blue tang seems to only like mysis and hates flakes but on the other side most of my fish like my yellow tang eats everything. Is there anything i can feed that all my fish will eat?
    i have: 3 chromis, 2 ocellaris clowns, 1 blennie, 1 blue tang, 1 yellow tang

Also, i just got the blue tang (small) he hides all the time in the rock and only comes out when the lights go on at night. So when i feed my fish in the morning he doesn't eat

Hey,
    it may take a few days, I have a hippo tang and he eats everything. Mysis, flakes, brine shrimp, Omega 2 andmacroalgae. Give him a day or two and he should be fine. Try to feed early in the morning and early evening.
    Godd Luck

he puts the flakes in his mouth and spits it out. Never eats it and most of the time he just goes around the flakes. I have had him for 6 days now. Like i said he stays in the rock in the morning never comes out until the lights come on at 6pm
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Hey,
    did ui get him from aqua tropical, if so give Ken a call and get his opinion.

If you are talking about the Aqua Tropical by the 15 and the 40, I would be worried about ANY fish you got from there. They treat the live stock horribly, and their customers almost as bad, will sell people DEAD corals and diseased fish among other things.

You might want to try getting some nori and putting it in the tank to see if the blue will graze on it. You didnt say if it was a powder blue or if it was a hippo.
    -Dazz

Honestly i would never buy anything from aqua tropical. That is the dirtiest store i have ever seen. They have dead fish in almost all their tanks and most of their fish look sick. I dont understand why people go there.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."

it's a hippo

thanks for the advice,
    Nori should work, try crumpling up the flakes to make it smaller. I use the tetra min saltwater blend. (Blue Container)

My hippo loves the freeze dried cyclop eze. I swear by that stuff. Anything and everything will eat it. Fish looked awhole lot better when I started feeding it to them too.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    You should try the Cyclop-Eeze FLAKE!
    It's amazing...

Or try a couple of drops of some Kent Garlic Xtreme in some Formula1 or 2. The garlic is a natural attractant, and fish go nuts when they "smell" it.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!