Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Overflow Box...

  1. #1
    Senior Member RaceFaceR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004

    Overflow Box...

    Alright were can I get one and not pay a fotune... Or who here can make me one

    Or have detailed plans...

    I have to have my sump working

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    try HARLEY here! also known as ACRYLICCITY.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Harley will build an overflow box for a drilled tank, I've dealt with Harley before and would recommend his work...but if you are lookign for a hang on overflow, Harley doesn't build those... try ebay...I got a 600gph HOB overflow for $25U.S on ebay.
    35Gal mixed Reef with light fish load. 250W MH, Jebo Skimmer,

    100Gal FOWLR- Heavy fish load and a few soft corals.

  4. #4
    Moderator cres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Did you notice that Scuba Steve is selling one in the Classified here on AC?
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member RaceFaceR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yes thank you... I'm looking for a hang on... Sorry I should of mention it... Tanks for the info!

    180G - Reef
    29G - Goldfish

  6. #6
    Senior Member ak_sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hey Marc

    Check out

    He basically explains how it works and how to make one, he has many other links on his page which are good for DIY stuff.

    You can always try eBay, I saw some tidepool overflows for pretty cheap the other day...

    Anyhow good luck!

  7. #7
    Senior Member scuba steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    That weir looks very cool , it's a intresting design.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I have made these in the past and they work rather well. You do however have to add to that drawing an air release at the top of the unit. Doing this will allow you to 1) Create a vacuum in the unit to draw water up in to the upper most part of the inverted U and 2) Remove air that will collect there and if left unattended to break the siphon. I used to use a plastic in line air hose fitting with a ONE WAY air valve to do the job. Height of the unit can be adjusted by adding any given number of 1/4" Plexiglas shims under the middle where it sits on the tanks rim.

Similar Threads

  1. Another overflow!!!
    By mike536 in forum Just Getting Started
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 02:32 AM
  2. Overflow
    By LT Hook in forum Reef Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 03:22 PM
  3. WTB: Used Overflow
    By Cake Fan in forum AC Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 03:43 PM
  4. looking for a overflow
    By tha_MAN in forum ARRG
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 12:38 AM
  5. Overflow ????
    By scooby in forum DIY - Do it Yourself
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 06:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts