Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rainfordi goby

Rainfordi goby

My husband and I went on a little sightseeing adventure into thr lfs and saw this adorably cute, incredibly malnurished rainfordi. My husband went back the next day, convinced the staff to let us have him, and put him in our 25gallon "refugium" (it's got 25lbs of live rock and no fish - bucket load o'critters). He was put in the tank yesterday, and so far has appeared to put on a bit of girth. He appears to be eating well from the sand, but are there any recommendations on what else can be done for him? Even emaciated and weak, he has a ton of personality and a seeming will to live. I really don't want to lose this fish. Any suggestions?

Here is a photo of him soon after being put in the tank. His stomach is clearly concave. Sorry for the quality...I really need a new camera.

Thanks,
    Sara

algae, they love to eat algae.
    Albert
    My Photos

This tank doesn't have much in the way of algae, and there's some question at the moment about whether they eat algae or the bugs living in it. Either way, there's not much in this tank for him to eat (algae wise, that is).

Cool

they eat algea off the rocks as well as sift a bit of sand. there fairly easy on the pod population and they LOVE hair algea. Awsome fish. I had 2 in my 90g and plan to add 6 in my 500g

Perhaps some Nori?
    Susan

He's been in the tank for three days now, and he's has already fattened up a bit. It appears that there may be enough buggies for him in the sand. He's also giving my little feather dusters a bit of a scare (I think he may be developing a taste for them - or at least an interest). Hopefully he'll keep improving, at which point, I may have to offer him a new home, as I'm unsure as to whether he will compete with a mandarin (which will not be for a while yet, although by then I will probably be too attached)

Thanks for the advice, and keep it coming.
    Sara

Oh yeah, I forgot to add the photo. Still poor quality (hint hint hubby), but you can see his stomach is a little fatter.

Nice looking Goby sara, love the colors on those ones!

Glad to see your helping this little guy out more than the LFS

AK
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)

Little update... He's still thriving, happily pecks away at sand and rock. Sometimes he picks up a huge (for him) piece of sand, swirls it around in his mouth, and spits it back up. very adorable.

I got a photo of him today, but forgot to turn the flash off. Pardon the washed out tones, and check out his little belly. He's starting to get one!! Yippee!! He seems a bit camera shy, so I take what I can get.

Sara

Yeah, I'm an idiot. Again, I forget to include the picture. Doh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast