Starting bigger tank

After much success with our small 29g tank we decided to convert our 72g bowfront over to salt. I have a few questions about this process that maybe someone can answer for me. The 72g held fw african cichlids, they are really messy and algea took the tank over. We cleaned the tank as best we could and filled it with water running the Fluval 404 for a few days to get all the dirt out. I added about 90 pounds of sand and expect to add another 40 pounds in a few days with the tank full of fw to remove the silt. This Friday, the 15th I plan on adding RO and salt and letting it mix till the 20-21th when hopefully I'll be able to get about 40 pounds of LR from Ivan. I'll run it like that for maybe a week or two and watch for a cycle then add the 33 pounds of LR and 40 pounds of sand from the 29g along with the hermits/damsels/corals and water. Sound ok so far? I'll be running a Fluval 404(empty) and 2 402 powerheads which should be enough flow for the bowfront. We have a 4*65 watt CoraLife PC(that my gf bought me for my bday) as the main lighting which we will use timers on for the 12h photoperiod. One question, can we keep the damsels in the tank if we plan on adding a regal tang and a blenny or a school of chromis? We will limit the amount of fish we keep once we decide on what we want and lean more towards corals. Any help concerning this mess of writing would be a big help.

Thanks
    James

IMO you should ditch (not literally) the Damsels while this opportunity presents itself. They tend to be on the aggressive side and will become a pain the the behind when you start stocking this bigger setup with more and different fish then you currently have in the smaller tank.
    Rob

Don't take my advice very seriously because I don't even have a marine tank but isn't 2 weeks not enough time for a cycle? Also, I thought you could add live rock before a tank is done cycling because LR is it's own filter. But also like Salty was saying the damsels are aggresive fish. Good luck!!
    Scott

We will not be adding the damsels, as for the cycle it all depends on the LR, the last batch I got it cycled in 12 days. Does everything else sound ok ?

If the live rock is of High quality with lots of life on it there is the opportunity for the tank to cycle quickly. I have seen a few posts here about tanks that have cycled in 2 weeks because of the quality and condition of the rock that went into it. I would however keep a close eye on a fast cycled tank for at least another month.
    Rob