Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad News...

Sad News...

I have lost Flopper and Pokey. :bawling:

First, I lost pokey, my cleaner shrimp. One morning I got up and he was gone. I assumed, at first, that he was off molting somewhere. So I gave it two or three days before I became concerned but on the fifth day, I had to resign myself to the fact that he was gone. Then on the sixth day, I got up and Flopper, my clownfish was gone. No sign of him anywhere. Not even any scraps. He was perfectly fine the night before, swimming around floppy, like he did, as I said good night to him, not knowing that this would be the last time I saw him.
    :bawling: :frustrate :bigcry:
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Sorry to hear that. Once my clown fish also disappeared but later I found it in the overflow box!

Sorry to hear that.

Duncan
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Nice FISHY FISHY

:fish3:

Thanks, guys. The weird thing about the disappearances is that there isn't anywhere for them to go except to get devoured by the scavengers after they are dead. I dont have an overflow or refuge. And I have seen both of them really close to the intakes on the powerhead, filter and skimmer. I have no reason to believe that they died either because both of them were very healthy the last time I saw them. I also took out the live rock which may have been suspect for hitchhikers and let it sit for a while in low salinity water. Nothing. A very strange occurance indeed.
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

i found one of my clown fish before dead under a small crevis in the rock.... but if you have alot of criters they prob made lunch of him..... sorry to hear the news.

I am sorry to hear that your fish had died. I must however ask if your water is in good shape. The passing of the shrimp followed by the 1st clown and now the 2nd one may indicate that the water is changing in some way. The shrimp would be far more sensitive then fish are to a water quality change and would have died 1st. The passing of the other 2 in this short time frame is a RED FLAG to check things in the tank very carefully to confirm that everything is still as it should be. Again ... sorry to hear about the loss's
    Rob

Sorry to hear about that, hope everything is ok with your tank though!

AK
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)

you have our condolences. may they rest in peace with all our other losses in fish heaven.
    Albert
    My Photos

Thanks all for the condolences! And thanks Rob for the advice. After losing the shrimp, I did check all my parameters. Everything was fine but the nitrate was at 20ppm, which I don't think is a major thing since it has hovered there for quite some time now. Can't seem to get it down below that. BTW, I only had one clown, not 2! Thank goodness, because the loss of two would have been too much for me to handle. Losing one is bad enough! My dotty and the chromis are all doing well but they are the hardier of the bunch!
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

I hate losing my fish its so sad to see their little bods just laying there. May they rest in peace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast