Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused readings

Our tank has been setup for 3 weeks now and tonight I checked all param's but Im wondering if my cycle has even started yet.

pH = 8.0
    NH3 = 0
    N02 = 0
    N03 = 0-5 ppm

There is about 60 pounds LR and 140 pounds sand which I seeded from my other tank. Every 2 days I feed the tank 15-20 small mysis along with flake and pellets. There are crabs in the rock and 2 hairy mushrooms along with 200 very small feather dusters, they seem to be doing great. Algae is present but hasnt taken over yet... I thought N03 had to be really high, 40ppm, to show that the cycle was done?

Any suggestions?
    James

Did you check any of the levels during the three weeks? If you started with well cured LR, then you might not see much increase in any of the parameters.
    Nick

I didnt check anything during the three weeks because I was thinking that the rock, which was very well cured, would take care of everything. I should have checked but... I load the tank with mysis shrimp and it seems the rock is doing its proper thing.

If the rock was already cured, then you have your biological filter all set up already =). Feel free to start adding other things you have planned.
    -Dazz

Sweet, now I can move everything over from the smaller tank.

From your readings it seems that your tank has cycled already.
    I would maybe double check the readings just to be sure. If they read the same as before then I would go ahead and start to slowly stalk the new tank.

Colby
    "DREAM LIKE YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE LIKE YOU'LL DIE TOMMOROW"

Yes slowly add some of your friends in there...a little at a time and see how your tank can haddle it......cause if you put everything at once(if you have alot),It might be too much of a load for the system.I would say that your tank has cycled pretty quick because you added from your previous set up...how long was your previous tank set up for?
    Derik...

The 29g has been up for maybe 4 months I guess. I'll be adding the 30 odd pounds of LR today from that tank to the 72g. I dont have much in stock, candy cane, star/sun polyps, mushrooms, xmas tree rock. I wont be adding fish yet maybe in another 2 weeks or so. We plan on adding a copperband, regal tang, yellow tang and a lawnmower blenny but will do that over time.

If it's from a current tank, and you are bringing all the live rock too, I think you will have no problems by moving it all at once since you are also bringing the biological filtration, and especially since you have no fish. Good luck and post some pics.
    -Dazz

You are doing good by adding those fishes later because the blennie and the tangs needs somewhat of a mature tank....you can still supplement theri feeding but its nice to see them graze all day...
    Derik...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast