Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stocking a 75 gal Predator Tank?

Hello All,

Just started a 75 gal tank. I want to make this one a more "predator" type tank, stocked with those species I can't put in the community tank. Any do's and don't's in terms of what to put in would be appreciated. Triggers? Some sort of Shark would be very cool, kids would love that!

Thanks

Get a Mantis Shrimp!!!! Those are freaking cool and some have nice colors!!! Also I love Lionfishes!!

Those are two creatures I would love to have!! But id take a Nurse Shark in a nice 2000G over any other predator ANY DAY!! :

AK
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)

There's alot of information about this at www.grimreefers.com They're dedicated to predator tanks and species.

Good luck

Steph

eeeek...a nurse shark in a 2000g?? please tell me you're kidding!
    James...

"Knowing is half the battle!" ~ G.I. JOE

Cool

wellllll, its pretty tough to use a 75g as a predator tank. most fish in that department get really big and there messy eaters so water quality would be an issue.

Looks like sharks are out of the question for any tank under 180 gal- maybe one day :-(

I can tell you that some wrasse like the lunar wrasse in impressive to see.I have 150,with a volitan,panther,emperor angel and I had to get rid of that wrasse,it ate all my snails and crabs...its steals everybody food...ahaha its a cool fish thought and good for your tank.You could get a dwarf lionfish,you could also get those small frogfish.....the choice is low but you can still make something nice
    Derik...

I'm with Johnny on this. 75 Gallons is pretty small for big fish that will be messy eaters. Water quality would be a BIG ISSUE.
    Rob

make sure you completely do your homework on this before you get anything,and check the adult size too.....What do you have for equipement,skimmer,powerheads,other type of flitration...?
    Derik...

At this point I have the tank filled, sand, 3 lbs of live rock, and a powerhead running. As for lights, filter, skimmer, and such, I am open to suggestions as there is currently none on the tank.

Last night I did a water change on the 55 gal and took the water and put it into the 75. I am hoping that this will help to establish the 75. Clearly, I have a lot of time to develop the filtration and population profile for the 75. I guess the next step will be more live rock.

I suspect that with the tempered glass and the tank filled, hang on equipment will be required. I left myself 4 inchs to the wall to work with.

Thanks for the input everyone, very much appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast