Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking YEAHHhhhhhhhhh!!!

I just bought a 90gal setup last night.....

Ill post some pics this weekend when i pic it up.

Is aqua creations the cheapest place to buy live rock around here (@12.99/llbs)?

Should i go sand, coral, etc. etc.? (bottom)

Stocking ideas?

IM TOTALLY SIKED!!!!

Can you tell!!

:happy2:

Duncan
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Nice FISHY FISHY

:fish3:

Congratulations! But I think $12.99/lb live rock is very expensive!

Ivan carries some very nice rock. I don't know what the shipping is though. I like sand myself. It has a nicer look to it, is easier to maintain.

Congrats on your tank!! Isn't it exciting?

Sara

http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart....d47+1098798286

I got these and they have awsome shapes...

Yup at 12.99 plus tax your are getting ripped off big time unless its marshall island rock or some thing but i highly dout that......
    Derik...

We pay 11.99 a pound here for cured and uncured rock at the LFS. Its luck of the draw what you get, have to go by smell half the time. If its rank leave it be is my motto. I think that I would have been better off getting a box and a half or so from Ivan and letting it cure in my tank, rather than going out and buying so much at a time.

Congrats on the new set-up. Sounds exciting!

You should be able to do better than $12.99/lb. Ivan has some great LR at a good price. Also, J&L sells Fiji rock around $5/lb plus about $1 for shipping. It's largely uncured.

Volitan, the MOPS link is for base rock? What proportion of base and live rock would you suggest for a new tank?
    Nick

Originally posted by nickb
    What proportion of base and live rock would you suggest for a new tank?
    Yeah good question?

whats the answer, LOL

Duncan
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Nice FISHY FISHY

:fish3:

Well,The reef bones are way more pourous than the regular base rock so i will colonise the bacteria way faster.

Personaly,Always thinking price wise and nice setup,I would get a couple of big base rocks for the base structure and then add the reef bone and live rock on top and around it....the reef bones really have spectacular shape,very nice,every box has different shape of rocks.

let say you put 100 pnds in it.I would go 30 pound base rock,40 pnds reef bones and 30 pound real live rock......but this is only what i would do...And you are you ,so do you what You feel is better for you..

The base rock you do not need to cure but if ever you get the reef bones,be sure to follow the instruction the 'clean' the rock...either put it in bleach solution for 1 hour and then dry off for 3 days in the sun,or by putting in a bucket of old aquarium water with a little power head and a heater.Do small water changes every 3 ,4 days..for 3 weeks.....I will smell this way,cause its real coral reef rocks
    Derik...

Go with coral I myself like it best

coral gravel you mean?Well it all depends on what you want to have livestock...if i woul sart again i would go with sand for sure
    Derik...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast