Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Omg...

Omg...

My tank has sprung a leak and I can't afford to get a new tank yet...what am I gonna do? It looks like a slow leak at the moment so I might be ok for a week or so but holy smokes, holy smokes, holy smokes....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

is there a way you can "patch" it up?
    is it still covered under warranty?
    Albert
    My Photos

Were does it leak...at the top or bottom?How big is your tank?
    You could maybe get a second hand one for the mean time....big als It hink a special on but i am not sure if its still in effect......If its a the top You could maybe lower you water level...remove and clean the affected area and resilicone it.....Maybe jonhy rock could give you some helo he has built his tank and maybe has good ideas how to fisx this.......As long as its not a crack
    Derik...

Big Al's sale is on until the 20th of November....

Well there you go if you live close to one you could get one new tank...is it only a specific size dazed?
    Derik...

Is the tank glass or acrylic?
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

See, this is the awful thing...First off, the tank is ~36g and I am not even sure if it was bought or if it was built. It was given to me years ago by a friend who didn't want it. He is a carpenter and he built the unit around the tank. So the tank itself is not even accessable except for the top and rear portion of it. He built it not having a clue about keeping fish. (probably the reason for not wanting it anymore) I took it because it was free, like ya would! I made some modifications to the unit, i.e. the hood, so that the lights would sit properly, as well as removing the back panel of wood so that at least I could access the rear of the tank. All seemed to be going quite well with that. This morning I got up and found a small puddle of water on the floor and I thought, one of the fish decided to host a party! But then on closer inspection, I found the wood underneath the tank is wet and a small drip is ensuing (sp). The place at which it is leaking is completely inaccessable without tearing apart the whole unit. Sooooo, I am pretty much stuck unless I can get my hands on a really cheap tank that is larger than the one I have now. I refuse to spend money on a smaller tank since I planned on upgrading anyway.
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

The tank is glass and I am no where near Big Als since I live in Newfoundland..lol
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Well it would sure be a good time to upgrade...it could get worse so dont wait up.buy a new one ,or fix it or flush it
    Derik...

Got any money?! lol
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast