Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hang-on Fuge

Hang-on Fuge

Anyone out there want to share their knowledge with little ole me?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

sure. CPR makes good ones. you just fill it with sand, rock, macroalgae and a light, and you're all set (and of course water)
    Albert
    My Photos

I just baught mine from Harley but I don't have it hanging on my tank. I've got it sitting on a platform because I did not want to put any weight on the glass. You can see a picture of it here.

http://aquariacanada.com/forums/show...all+glass+case

It's a 12*12*6 inches and it can store about 4 gallons of water. My tank is a 10G so I almost added 50% more water to my system

There's a good Volume calculator here if you plan to have one custom built

http://www.reefcentral.com/calc/vol.php

The reason I like is is that it's not a forced return through a pump. The pods (or any other organisms in the fuge) can enter the tank freely. I don't have mine setup yet but I'll have a deep sand bed some rock rubble and some cheato in there. I will not have the light on 24/7. I will run the lights on the same cycle as the tank. They're a good place to hide heaters and give the pods a fighting chance at reproducing.

Hope this helps,

Steph

Interesting...now do ya just plug it in and way to go? gawd, I'm such a newb! lol And how do I get my hands on this macro-algae?
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

yup, just plug and play.
    i'm sure anyone in your area would be able to give you some macro to start you off.
    Toutouche came all the way from canada to give me some of his chaeto (and critters) and now as it grows wild, i give it on to others. Greg's chaeto has come a long way. (thanks toutouche)
    Albert
    My Photos

The way mine works is you have a powerhead plugged to the intake (left tube in the 3rd picture of the previous post) and it pumps water into the fuge and it flows out of the other side. That's pretty much the only setup you have to do. As for teh macro-algea ... well that's what your fellow reefers are for if there's no fellow reefers in your area maybe your lfs. I heard of people shipping it with good results but I have no experience with shipped live goods.

Hope this helps,

Steph

One more question and I think I've got all I need! What size would you recommend for a 50g tank?
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

as big as you can fit. the CPR come in 12" 18" & 24" (i think). so it just depends on the length you have available.
    if its custom made, then as big as you can fit.
    as with all good things in life "Bigger is better"
    Albert
    My Photos

Get one made from harley I am sure You will save a bunch of money and you will get it the excat size you need
    Derik...

Is it too much to ask how much it cost you for that fuge?and why dont you want to hang it...because of the tanks glass thickness?
    Derik...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast