Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Clown Fish... Without "proper host"

Alright... What are your thoughts on having a few false percs without anemones? I heard how they will sleep in the corner of the tank swimming all night...

I will eventualy have some but my tank will be a FO for the next "little" while...

Any thoughts?

Marc

I had some and they did swim all night long lol
    not even funny.
    Newbie in training

IMO they do not NEED an anemone. They will host in other things... My clarkii used to sleep in a mushroom patch now he prefers a cave... my ocellaris took to the hammer coral and I did add an anemone (way later than the clowns ) but not for the clowns.... for myself and so far no one really pays attention to it... the clarkii will once in a while rub himself in it but that's about it.
    So I would say... go get some ocellaris! they really act like little puppy dogs! I love mine!
    Carol
    Can we fit one more tank? :P
    Dont mind my spelling mistakes I've got an excuse...I'M FRENCH!

Originally posted by Khoa
    I had some and they did swim all night long lol
    not even funny.

Hummmm ocellaris (false percs) do not sleep the same as other fish....IME they move "in place" all night and do look like they are awake and swimming at least the ones I have seen. Mine right now sleeps in the hammer coral and looks like its constantly in motion unlike the clarkii who looks dead when he sleeps ( no movement except for the guills)

then again that is IME... i could be wrong
    Carol
    Can we fit one more tank? :P
    Dont mind my spelling mistakes I've got an excuse...I'M FRENCH!

My ocellaris used to float to the top of the tank but and bob about at night.

Now they've taken a shining to a pair of riccordia and rub against it all night. Much to the annoyance of the riccordia, but that's another thread.

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

I have Two Clowns. I tried Anenemes of all sort with no luck! I think I killed 6 when I finally said "No More! You'll sleep in the corner and you'll like it!" Turns out they are doing just fine without an aneneme. My female had taking to one of my largest Fearther Dusteres but it has since popped his top, so she's back in the corner with her man. When I did have an Aneneme in the tank it spent more time moving around then anything else and it was a huge Pain ITA! We don't get the healthiest Anenemes here in NFLD anyway. I've decided to just stay away from them.

If you do decide to get one be sure to stick it in a good solid corner where it woon't do much moving or you'll be spending the whole day trying to get it out of your intake tube without killing it! Not much Fun. If you have an overflow in your tank then that is the ideal for Anenemes.
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

they will be fine without an anemone. they could host to a powerhead if they really wanted to so badly.
    Albert
    My Photos

That sounds comfortable!

they'll just need a pillow.
    Albert
    My Photos

Well, they'd be relaxed anyway. I'm sure the vibration of the powerhead would put them right out. A good night would be had by all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast