Copperband... reef safe???

We were planning on adding a Copperband to our tank. IJO mentioned that Copperbands can/will eat Christmas Tree worm and feather dusters. I have one Giant feather duster and hundreds of small feather dusters and I would hate to see them get eaten. Does anyone with Copperbands have experience with them eating Feather duster or Christmas tree worms?

Thanks,
    James

The copperband will definetly finish off all of your small feather dusters, as well as any nice worms that may be living in the sand bed. It may also try to eat the big one....
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

Ivan and Reefmutt, are right. I've also heard of them attacking or picking at brain corals, and elegance coral.

OH NO OH NO!(sitting here with my head down) Welp I'll have to find another fish that will suit the tank. Thanks guys.

I have had mine in the tank for 6 months. It has not bothered my corals, clams, etc. It did finish off all the small feather dusters. The ones that are out of its reach are fine, as is the large one I have. Only change is that the large Feather Duster only comes out at night! I'd say go for it. Pretty fish!

Xerces .. IMO that is BAD advise to give him / her. There is always exceptions to the rule and your butterfly "maybe" one of those exceptions. The average long nose butterfly fish will pick, pock and prod its way through just about everything its LONG nose can reach that looks like a snack. Its long nose designed perfectly by nature for doing just that.
    Rob

I must have a horse-shoe then! :-P

Hmmmmmm my Foxface did the same thing ate all my feather dusters and sponges... But still there a awesome fish.

Pluff
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

"How I wish, how I wish you were here,
    We're just 2 lost souls sitting in a fish bowl,
    Year after year......."(Hope it was cycled!)
    Pink Floyd

Copperbands will devour all the feathers as everyone above mentioned. They tend to go after everything "wormy" and live. I have had one for a very long time now and it is a perfect citizen as far as the corals go. It did finish off every feather in my tank in very short time though..., including the big feather dusters. As to picking at corals, it is more an exception rather than the rule for them. If you are "UNlucky" then you will get one that picks at the corals. They are a scavenger that forages the rockwork and sand all day long. It is an amazingly agile and acrobatic fish to watch at work. It is persoanlly one of my alltime favorite SW fish and one of the reasons I even started in SW, so I might be a little biased. It is also what I would call an advanced fish to keep, but only because of in the beginning. You have to get an absolutely healthy and willing specimin. The tough part is to get it feeding well in the tank in the beginning. This is one fish you definitely want to witness eating at the store before buying and eating well I might add. Australian types are known to be hardier and have more character. Do not buy one that just arrived at the store. Make sure it has settled in well and is eating with gusto.