What creature do you add in your sump/"refuge"...

Or do you?

New to the sump world :P

Not sure if I'm doing the right thing...

65 gallon tank... My sump is 30 gallons...

What can I add in my refuge...
    I have Argonite sand... About 10 pounds of LR... 2 Mangrove Plants... Some Tang heaven... And some wire algea...

Any thoughts?!?!?!? Thanks!!!

Marc

Your sump is where you keep your equipment. Like heaters, probes, in sump skimmer, submersible return pump etc. A refuge is where you keep your critters. the 2 are often combined into one unit. there's lots of plans here and on the Internet.
    In your refuge you add some rock, macro algae, pods, pretty much anything that you don't want exposed to your hungry fish.
    Rob

My sump has a refuge in it!

I should of say that sorry... edited my post...
    180G - Reef
    29G - Goldfish

OK so you already have a combined unit. That's good. So add some rock to the refuge. What lives in there is really the same stuff that would be in your tank if you did not have fish in there eating the stuff.
    Rob

I keep a couple serpent stars to eat any leftover food that gets in there. Also some snails to keep the sand mixed and eat any algae that's on the sides. Let me also mention that I also have a refuge that is seperate and flows into this sump so there is lots of buggies in there too. Lastly, my sump is 200 gallons so I have lots of space and area to keep clean.

what kind of snails.....Nassarius??

well just be careful with the joint sump/fuge b/c anything you add in there could get sucked into the return pump if they make their way there.
    Albert
    My Photos

Yes, Nassarius along with a heck of a lot of Stomatellas, some Astreas, etc... In otherwords, a variety of them.
    Oh .., and I also just added a baby Volitan Lionfish this evening. Eventually, I will be having a FO tank along with the reef and since I have all this 200 gallons of water down in the sump, I've been wanting something for movement down there too. So I figured I'd add this little guy as he won't cause any harm down there. It won't always stay in there. Only till I have the FO tank up and running. It's already eating every kind of prepared food that you offer it, so I don't have to worry about weaning it off of live food already.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Wow... not to derail this thread or anything... but when's the FO tank going up Toutouche?
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!