Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

big problem...moving tank and livestock!!!

The hose for the dish washer leaked and went all under my floor...laminate floor.I moved all my livestock.Panther,lion and emperor angel in my 33 gallons.All my stars and urchin with my yellow tang in my 10 gallons.I took the water from my main tank to put in the 33 and 10 gallon,and added some live rock to it.

My concern is this;

Should i woory about ammonia in those tanks even if i dont feed(the main tank will be set up tuesday night or wednesday mornig at the lastest?

thanks in advance

And Rob...it was the dishwasher hose that leaked and went through the walls from the kitchen to the living room and they are going to replacce all my laminate.....I am some happy it wasnt my tank leaking..thanks for your help once again..

Derik
    Derik...

Also How long can my biological filter in the substrate go with only minimal amount of water in it with room tempature water?
    Derik...

Not to sure about the amonia concern but as for the substrate.... I had a maintenance tank shut down for three weeks cause of construction in there building and we drained the water and just covered the tank. Three weeks later we set it back up and other then a bad smell that lasted a couple of days we didn't have any trouble. All the fish were back in within a week with no loses. That's not to say I wasen't lucky. I'm sure someone with more experience could give better advice.
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

As long as you keep the sunstrate damp and warm, it should be fine for a few days. I brought damp live sand from a beach and just put it into a garbage bag in the trunk of my car, drove for two hours, dumped it into the empty tank, barely covered it with water, and it was OK.

Susan's live rock came from Fiji and it was still fine with no cycling.
    Gail in Nova Scotia

warm as in 70 plus ..is room tempature all right?i mean do i really need a heater?
    Derik...

Derik,
    Even if you don't feed anything, the fish will still produce some waste which will turn into ammonia and those aren't exactly small fish you have there!! Worst case, keep some AmLock on hand...., just in case. Do you have an Ammonia testkit?

yes i do....I test every 5 to 8 hrs.......Think i should add amolock any way..ive got some.....its all water from the main tank and i didnt feed them today and will not tomorow.And Ive got some LR in the tanks....you still think I could have problems?
    Derik...

Well, I'm not an expert on keeping fish that big in holding bins, but I think it would be good to just keep testing and if in fact you do start to see a rise in readings, act accordingly but do it slow. Last thing you want to do is more harm than good.

ok thanks..i just tested it and i have 0 ammonia and 10 nitrates and 0 nitrite..i will in the mornig......god i hate those test kits...when is pinpoint going to invent a amm-nitrate monitor..eehhehe that would be great
    Derik...

dishwasher EH. Bummer but they do leak often. I see it a lot in my work. Hope the tank moving goes OK Derik
    Rob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast