Question Water flow question & debris

First I'll explain my tank setup. I have a 75Gallon corner aquarium with a 20gallon sump. The sump uses a waterfall type filtering/protein skimming system and a Mag 9.5 to push the water back up into the main tank.

The questions are:
    1) The water flow from the 3/4" outlet is pretty fast and hits an outside wall hard enough to disturb the sandbed at the bottom, so I've put a piece of liverock there (not the best solution). Should I be diverting the water flow into 2 outlets and do I need any additional waterflow in the tank? I don't know what the rule of thumb is for water flow

2) There's hundreds of tiny particles in the water that I cannot differentiate if they're debris or tiny air bubbles (a bit of both I believe). These don't seem to go high enough to fall out into the sump to get filtered. If they are just bubbles, what can I do? I already use filter floss to try to mush out the bubbles before they return up.

Any help would be appreciated.

try directing the water across the surface of the tank. doing this will help to "roll" the tanks water, help move surface scum toward the overflow and add a light ripple to the surface witch increases the surface area for good gas exchange.
    Rob

I'll try directing the flow across the top. In addition, do I need any flow inside the tank? By redirecting the water down it atleast provided the feather dusters etc with some water flow. Any suggestions for how much flow is needed in the tank?

you should have some power heads in there as will to keep things moving. Give it as much movement as you can. try to keep the fastest flow just above the highest corals.
    rob

Hey JK,
    I have a 75 gallon aswell, I've found & read that the best bet is to have the two rear corner powerheads point(in your case the return and a powerhead) at the middle of the tank hitting the front center of the tank is optimal, as it will create eddies which will hopefully spread though the tank with favourable results, also since it is at the top it will give greater gas exchange as Rob mentioned. Hopefully the two flows hitting each other will also help to slow down the intenceness of that return! I have 2 more powerheads placed in behind the rock work aswell to increase flow behind the reef. Hope that helps a bit,
    Derrick
    D
    2x35gal,1x75 gallon reefs; about 300 lbs a live rock, Breeding pair of percs, koran angel, mandarin, scooter blenny, algae blenny, pink cucmber, assorted snails,hermits and starfish
    20-25 Various corals