Banned

Anemone for a 33G ?

Well let's see what you think... I have a 33 gal (18" high) tank and I would like to keep an anemone for my black and true perc. What type of anemone would might my perc's like and do good in this small of a reef. A pink tip maybe? I know they might not host it but would like to see what choices I have for my tank size. What light should they have? I'm thinking of going to one or maybe two 175W MH in about 8 mo (waiting until current lighting needs new bulbs).

Banned
    Possably Stichodactyla haddoni, Saddle Carpet, saddleback anemone, Haddoni anemone? Has anyone had this type of clown host these?

At the bottom of this link, there is a chart matching clowns to anemones. keep in mind, clowns have not read this chart, and may choose to host in anything, powerheads included.
    http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/in...a/anemones.htm

I'm sure someone else will chime in soon, but this should get you started.

Banned
    Heteractis magnifica is common to both my clowns. However, if I remember right that thing gets huge. I think it would get too big for my 33. Right now they are hosting the return from my skimmer but I'd rather have them host an anemone if possable.

How old is your tank? Anemones really should only go into well established and stable systems. They also do tend to grow or split, move around, and can cause you grief. Frogspawn make great hosts for clowns and are easier and safer IMO. The clowns can't tell the difference.
    Gail in Nova Scotia

Banned
    They will not go in until; the lighting has been upgraded (one or two 175W MH I don't know yet), and the tank has been stable for about year. I didn't even think of frogspawn. I'll have to read up on it. Thanks for the idea.