Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Good size for first Marine Tank?

I have finally decided to take the plunge into Marine hobbiest hysteria. I'm open to some opinions on what would be a good tank size for my new adventure? I don't want to get in over my head.

The bigger the tank .. with in reason .. the better. Larger tanks have better stability and are more forgiving of user error due to the water volume involved. If I were you I would look at a 50 or 75 gallon setup. I see your in Pembroke so it is not likely worth the trip in to Ottawa to BIG ALS to buy one of their 75 gallon tanks that are on sale for $99.99 If gas was cheaper it would be worth it. Or if you have other stuff to do in Ottawa that would be a good score. Don't buy anything else at BIG ALS however because their accessories are very costly. And don't buy any of their sickly fish ether .. K
    Rob

Thanks for the advise Rob! Sounds like a good deal on the 75 gallon....when does that sale expire? Where is the best place to shop for equipment in the Ottawa area?

You would be wise to buy your goods from Ivan right here at AC. I am not sure when that sale ends but you can check the deals and steals forum. There is a thread about that sale there. ACs on-line shopping section is avalable from the upper right hand menus. If you don't see what you want send Ivan a message and ask him if he can get it for you. Ivan's Users name is IJO

And by the way Welcome to the board

[welcome2]

Rob

Welcome DC22. Here is the link to the 75g. I added hte end date. 75g Sale

Thanks a lot....I think I'll take a trip to Ottawa in the next few days and check it out!
    "Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" Abraham Lincoln

Hi all!

New member here! Just thought I'd say hello and add my 2 cents.

I'm starting out as well and bought a 12 gal Nano Cube DX.

It comes complete with lights, filtration and built in hood. If you can't find it in Pembroke, check out the pet store in Renfrew. I bought it last week, now in the cycling stage.

Looking forward to learn what others think.

Steve

Thanks for the advice everybody....I just made a trip to Big Al's and picked up the 75g for 99.99. I'm pumped about getting started....I'll be looking into filtration and lighting next. Hey Steve, I saw the Nano Cube demo today and it looks great...good luck with that!!
    "Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" Abraham Lincoln

You going to have it drilled for an overflow / sump setup? I would strongly suggest you go that route even if you intend to only keep fish?
    Rob

yeah, I'm definitely going to go that way....how do I go about that? can I drill it myself? I figure I'm better off starting with fish only for a while, but I want to plan ahead so that the options are there!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast