Thread: Just saying hi

Just saying hi

Hi everyone,
    Very nice to find a Canadian site. Looking forward to participating in this forum. Probably have more questions than answers for awhile, just getting back into a salt tank after a long break, sooo much has changed.
    Cheers everyone!

Hey, welcome..... join the club of answer seekers!
    "Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" Abraham Lincoln

Welcome!
    No questions are dumb questions...Ask away.

Colby
    "DREAM LIKE YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE LIKE YOU'LL DIE TOMMOROW"

Welcome to the board Saltysteve.
    [welcome2]

I also recently returned to the hobby after a 5 year break. You will find that the biology and chemistry has not changed . However the methods of maintaining the biological and chemical environment has changed a far amount. I am pretty comfy mixing the old with the new and finding a balance between them.
    Rob

I also just wanted to say [welcome2] to Aquaria Canada.
    So tell us what you plan on setting up....

Welcome to AC!

How do you change the avatar to a personal image rather than the cartoon options?
    "Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" Abraham Lincoln

Thanks for the welcome.
    I'm currently enjoying (don't laugh) a small 20 Gallon. Very attracted to the small Nano reefs. Just going to keep it rather simple. There's something about the extra work and the daily chores of the smaller reefs that keeps me going. Enjoying a few mushrooms, star polyps, pulsing xenias, soon to have a colt and my favourite devils hand etc.
    Current setup:
    20G, 2x65 watt coralife PC,12 Lbs LR (just ordered 10lb more) the survivor rock 2 power heads, skimmer,aragonite 1" base substrate (SSB) building my own adjustable blue LED moonlight. So far I'm just loving it and having a really good time. Thanks again for the welcome. I'm sure I'll be asking more than answering

Steve,
    It is Steve right.., or is it Salty?

Anyways, yeah a nano is often underestimated but in reality it is very difficult in it's own way. Big tanks tend to be much more stable and forgiving.
    Well..., good luck with your journey and hope to see you here very often as a regular.

Thanks, if I ever catch up on the reading and searching, you all have done great here, I'll have time to ask questions
    Thanks again
    Steve