Thread: 150 Gallon

150 Gallon

Ok everyone here is a quick question.

I'm buying Volitan 150 gallon tank off him this weekend.

Do you think this will be over stocked with the following?
    I have a 90 and a 75 gallon now,that i want to move most of the fish to the new 150 and sell hopefully both the 90 and 75.

Heres the fish i have:

Hippo Tang
    Powder Brown Tang
    Yellow Tang
    Foxface
    3 Percula Clowns
    2 Large Maroon Clowns
    Flame angel
    Coral Beauty
    Bengaii Cardinal
    Yellow Wrasse
    2 Fire Fish
    3 Striped Damsel

Thanks for your input,

Marcel
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

"How I wish, how I wish you were here,
    We're just 2 lost souls sitting in a fish bowl,
    Year after year......."(Hope it was cycled!)
    Pink Floyd

Cool

yeh I'd say a bit. those clowns [maroons] will be an issue. if there nor big yet and attacking the other clowns they will shortly. the 3 tangs and fox might be a problem when full grown.

I personally think the only fish that will be a problem are those Maroon demons.
    I also personally think if the 3 tangs, being that they are those types, are added together they will be fine.

I'd agree with Johnny & Greg...... for once...:

Those striped damels will grow big and aggressive too...

As for the tangs... probably be o.k as well... the yellow will be the deciding factor in that trio...
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

Ooops!! Forgot about the Damsels..., yeah, those are the devils workers too.
    Actually, I thought it would be more the Powder Brown being the aggressor of the 3. A Yellow Tang might be aggressive with other smaller type fish, but amongst Tangs a Yellow is usually not as much a concern.

I was leaning to the yellow because of the Zebrasoma family tie.... where as the powder-brown is Acanthurus.... just as bad I guess...

Otto's powder-brown was a pussy cat and his purple the devil's right hand... as well as a yellow I also traded-in quickly...

Powder-brown's could go any way I guess....... my personal observations showed Achilles... Powder-Blues and the Zebrasoma tangs to be the most agressive... many environmental factors such as how much you feed them and how much space do they have, should be considered also...
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

Right now my yellow is in the 75 with the foxface and powder brown. The foxface is the biggest of the 3. The hippo is about 5 inches same size as the foxface. Anyways I hate to get rid of the Maroons as I had them 7 years.... Anyways my main concern was my 2 angel fish,so you all think they will get along ok? (Coral Beauty- Flame Angel) As for the Damsel I've had him 7 years also. anyways I will try it this way:

Hippo Tang
    Yellow Tang
    Powder Brown Tang
    Foxface
    2 Angel Fish
    Yellow Wrasse
    2 Fire Fish
    Bengaii Cardinal
    2 Perc Clowns

Thanks again,

Marcel
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

"How I wish, how I wish you were here,
    We're just 2 lost souls sitting in a fish bowl,
    Year after year......."(Hope it was cycled!)
    Pink Floyd

Hey Marcel, I really don't see a problem with the bonding of the two clans. The 3-stripe has to go, not a community fish at all. If you like that fish for his looks and personality....try 4-stripes, much more passive, 4-5 in a group would be nice. The Marroons.....well... I have a few questions. Where the tanks are now...can they see each other? Is there much of a difference in their size? Do either of them show relentless agression? The percs...are they together now? If so, keep it that way. They have already done their sex change...the larger is female....let her pick her mate....don't worry they won't kill the third. She'll make sure that don't happen....she wants a back-up boyfriend!! The tangs...introduce them together. There will be some agression until they establish heirarchy. The fish no each other now, but territory is the most important issue to a fish. New tank...new territory! In an established marine tank, 3" of fish per 5gal of water(fish only), 1" per 5gal(reef). Good rule of thumb, it has worked for me for many years. I have been breeding Anemonefish for the past 4 years. I know a few tricks for pairing. If you want to try and mate them, I'll help you the best I can.
    Jerry