Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Setting up a new tank

I just bought a new 75g tank at Big Al's before heading back to New Brunswick and I need some help with a few things...
    What kind of stand should I use wood or metal (I'm going to be making it myself .Either way doesn't matter) How would you go about transfering alll the stuff from one tank to another? The tricky thing is that I want the 75g to go in same spot in the living room as my 55g use to be. So I got to drain the 55 move it and then put the 75 in its spot and fill it. Thats pretty much it for now.

Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

were do you live in nb.......if you need help with something and you live around fredericton let me know

Also if you can go at big als and get a ready built wood stand
    Derik...

I'm living in Oromocto. I'm not in any rush to get this up and running. It will be after Christmas but I want to start getting info about it and some peoples opinions. I think i'm going to lean more towards metal. Probably 2" square tube for the 4 legs and the upper rim where the aquarium sits and then 1" square tube for supporting braces. I'm still not sure if I want to get the tank drilled. It's so much more appealing to the eyes when there's no hoses and heaters to look at ........ Hmmmm. What to do. What to do.

Cheers,
    Mike
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Personally I prefer Wood but I think that it's a personal choice on what you would rather look at! If your handy at all you can make a really nice wooden stand. Can't be as creative with metal, but that's jmo. As for transfering....I would star cycling the 75gal now that way it will be ready for fish after christmas. That what I'm going to do with my 50gal.... Fill it up in the spare room and let it cycle. Buy my LR as funds permit, and when the tree is down and all the elves are on holiday I will move it to the living room and start to tranfer what I have in the 23gal piece by piece!!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

You could put a wood 'skirt' around a metal stand and have the attractiveness of wood with the additional space and strength of the metal.
    Nick

thats a good idea about cycling the water now. Thats what i'll start doing the week. Are there alot of people into saltwater aquariums in Newfoundland? I use to live in St. John's. I see thats where your from Pistchie.

Thanks again,
    Mike Philpott
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Mike, SW is getting bigger everyday! I'm good buddies with the owner of the LFS and he figures that 85% of his new customers are SW now. I also have 5 FW tanks but SW is my passion. Are you from St. John's? I once knew a girl named Melissa Philpott who had a brother named Mike. They lived across the street from me in Labrador City. Not you by cahnce is it????

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

nope not me piatchie. What does LFS stand for? Is that the fish store thats next to costco? I'm living in Oromocto, NB now. I'm in the military. Thats the only thing i'm worried about, getting my tank all up and running and the next day getting a posting message saying that there moving me to Edmonton.

Cheers,
    Mike Philpott
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

That would really suck!!! LFS just means local fish store but I am refering to the one up by Costco there are only two places here that cary SW. Tropical and Marine Pets and Pet City in the Village mall but they are getting out of SW and only have a very small amount of stock left. I hope that they atleast continue to carry drygood cause they have different Brands then TMP.

I love that store by Costco. He say a beautiful show tank in there and his prices are very reasonable. I'm going to be going in there when I'm home in march to do lots and lots of shopping!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
    Mike
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast