Thread: RO unit

RO unit

Hi guys...

I ordered a RO unit from my LFS and its been 4 weeks and counting and it still hasnt arrived. Meanwhile, my tank is in dissary and I was counting on this being delivered within a week as he promised me. I told him today to cancel the order as I will take my business elsewhere. He told me that UPS was on strike and he couldnt do anything for me.

Can anyone suggest a good place where to recieve one in a timely and professional manner?

Thanks

Shel

Here in AC or ebay.

Shel, Check eBay seller: "aquasafesystems", he sells TONS of RO units REAL cheap and shipping is fast, thats where StephG and I got our RO's. I won an RO auction from him and the RO cost me 95$CDN(plus shipping ~30$CDN) for a 7 stage model with faucet to dispense water and water storage tank and clear DI canister, he always has crazy auction days where all RO units start bidding at 60$CDN!!

Thats what I know about em...HTH

AK

EDIT: Actually here is the one I purchased, check it out -> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4338542300
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)

Actually, don't need to bid more than the starting bid as they sell tons. I've got mine at the starting bid.

True, although if you need one ASAP.. good luck getting one at the starting bid though, cause near auction's end they ALWAYS (99.9% of the time) go up in price cause another user bids.. I was watching easily over 10 auctions which ALL started at 60$CDN through the weekend and none of them ended much below 90-95$CDN.

I mean its not impossible to get it at the starting price but if your in a hurry for one, you'll most likely have to wait through a few auctions before you get one at starting bid, or you just may be lucky!! : hehe

AK
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)

Not the most important thing to get them immediately I guess. How long does it take to get one from here if I live in Montreal?

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Whenever I place an order from Ivan, I usually get it the next day if the item is in stock.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Few months ago when I placed the bid, I succeeded at the third try. But at that time, they have almost non-stop auction, i.e. every 15 minutes. So I got it within an hour.

Look like they changed their strategy, the auction is not as frequent as before. So the price is pushed up.

Once I won the bid and paid, then I got it in about 3 days from BC to Toronto.

Buying in AC here, you pay a little more, but as TM said, you could have it the next day and no need to go through the bidding process.

Alright guys...

The Unit arrived this morning.

Yikes its huge... I hope I can install this thing... I will goto Home Depot and look for a faucet adapter to connect to my sink tap. No holes allowed in the pipes in my apartment

Great service Ivan

Thanks

Shel

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Good stuff!
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!