Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    An easy to make fishtrap (which works real well) is to take a 2L soda pop bottle, cut the top 1/3 off, and invert it into itself.

The basic idea is a lobster trap. Put some food inside, and put it in the tank. The small fish will be able to enter, but not know how to get out.

There's picture of this somewhere, I'll try to find it.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

A picture would be fantastic.
    Thank you.

They are wonderful pictures of the leafy sea dragon.
    I thought you might like this one of the dragon,it's a wallpaper image that I've made smaller.

Sea dragons

Last year I went to the Baltimore National Aquarium and there were a number of displays devoted to seahorses and sea dragons. Wonderful displays and worth a visit.
    If the authors of "Finding Nemo" knew anything about Clownfishes, Marlin would turn into a female and Nemo would become her new husband.

tiffany

are you talking about a ROYAL GRAMMA? [have yellow,halfmagenta]. if so, they usually mellow out after getting used to the new guy. They might open there mouths real wide but normally don't go looking for a fight.

John Rock

I saw a picture in one of my books and have been trying to find it again, it did say that they were territorial, and he's not "chilling out" much! He's very pretty and I would rather not rid him, I think it's the addition of an individual fish, as he terrorized my first clown, (red and orange variety) and I swapped the clown for the black and white pair I have now, and hasn't didn't bother them...
    I think he's smarter than me... I can't catch him, and I don't want to move the anemone again, who has settled on a rock that relies on almost every-other rock for support, and finally looks happy.
    Here's another classic Tiffany dodgy picture...
    :angel:

The mystery fish is a Royal Dotty Back. (Pseudochromis paccagnellae).
    :jump2: :bananadan
    I Had to put those smilies in..They're so cool!!!
    Tiffany

Tiffany,

That's one mean species of Dottyback, if you can catch him, do so! There are a lot of gentler species around than dottybacks.

Van
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

Unhappy

I'm trying!!:banghead:
    Unfortunately here in Melb. Aus. there are only two LRS that are within an hours drive, (and I live centrally), and the advice I get is often not the best. The advice the LFS that sold him gave me, was to "hit him with a net when he attacks anything, so that it learns not too" and "good luck catching him" followed by a small snicker....................................If only I could get a net so close to it that I could hit it, I'd have caught it by now!!
    I recently bought a clown surgeon-fish, and he's having a little trouble settling in, I had to move some rocks when he was first put in the tank, to stop my anemone falling, and he stressed out and started rubbing himself on the rocks etc..I was a bit worried about diseases, etc and have had a look and he looks fine! And rubs a little less everyday as he settles. Though I'm not convinced. Should I take him back? Or wait and see if he stops?
    The clown Surgeon tamed the Dotty "beast" until I added the 2 Damsels a few days later, are now they're getting a beating!!
    :help:

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Tiffany,

How big's your tank? The Clown surgeon gets VERY big, and VERY territorial. He won't do well in a small tank.

As for the Dottyback and damsels, try the soda bottle fish trap that I explained earlier. It works.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast