Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Compatability Charts!

Have we got a chart at AC? I just read that where I have these two tomato clowns, that I may not be able to house the Black perc's, That sucks! The tomato's were given to me to babysit over a year ago so I may have to find them a new home with a local reefer! I don't think the guy who owns them is coming back!
    I live in a mail-order town!!!
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Excellent...definitely saved this link in my Favourites
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

This chart says Caution when mixing Clowns

http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/c...lity_chart.cfm
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Yeah, I seen that chart earlier but all it says is caution! Are all charts similiar or are others more detailed? Then again would I be big enuf at 77G to house the two different types of clowns? I suppose the size of the tank would or might come into play. I'm better off just donating them to someone I know locally who wants tomatoes, I didnt have any in my tank at the time thats why the fella gave them to me, he wanted a different kind, that figures!
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

I've seen False Percs, Sadle Backs and Gold Stripe Marrons in the same tank. they didn't like each other very much but the tank was big enough that they each had their own place and Anemonie so it was fine! I've heard that the trick to clowns is to add the more peaceful ones first. Tomatoes are suppose to be pretty mean I think so i don't know if I would try Percs, black or orange! Myba some seabeas (they seem to get along with everything) or Saddlebacks (they can be pretty mean too) This is just MO though!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Well those charts to me are a guideline-----caution doest mean you cant put them togheter....you can try it and if your lucky it works...soem species are really not meant to be togheter...but all fish are different...depends on the size of tan k and enviroment there put in....I took chances sometimes and it clearly didnt work and other times it worked......I Would try it and if if it REally doesnt work donate the clowns that you didnt want anyway.....
    Derik...

You might want to check through here:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...?s=&forumid=36

It's dedicated to clown fish.

Generally speaking, don't mix species is the safe answer.

You have a few things working against you. First off a 77G tank isn't as big as it seems. Then you have pretty big clowns in there already & they're established.

Any other clown coming in would have to be sumbissive to your female & male. What I'm not 100% on is if a juvie will stay a juvie if the male & female are of another species.

Guessing I'm going to say no & expect to have 2 females in your tank. 1 with an established territory & 1 that wants to stake one out.

You should be able figure out what your current clowns territory is, looking at where they hang out & where they eat, that's an absolute minimum.

They'll protect an bigger area than that & I'd be lying if I said I knew how big. Still you can guess from that how much space you have left.

The kicker is, even if you think there's enough space left there's no way to make the new clowns "reasonable" and use the "empty" space. It's quite possible that the new pair will want the space your tomatoes are in.

That's a discussion that won't end well, given the size difference between tomatoes & percs.

I personally wouldn't recommend it, but you'll have to keep in mind I have a nano tank & have a single pair of false percs. Every thing else I know about them came from a book. So YMMV.

Cheers!

The two clowns I have now have found homes at opposite side of the tank. They have chosen to host in two different directions, one in the grn hairy mushroom and one in the xenia! So the territory is pretty spread all ready , my only option is once I find the black perc's is put the other two up for a fast adoption!

Since it's a pain the the bum to find black percs, I'd suggest finding a new home for the clowns before you bring home the black percs. Just for the extra safety, but I tend to err on the side of caution.

Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast