Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is this perfectly normal?.. Anemone tenticle becoming thin.

Hi is this perfectly normal for an anemone to have it tenticle deflated or "Thinner"
    Newbie in training

from time to time they will do that. keep an eye out. it shouldn't happen for long. they sometimes do this when there irritated or expelling.

your anenome will also split in two eventualy, this is normal , then you will have 2.
    What do you call a fish with no eyes?
    Fsh!

Yes. They can "suck-in" or release water which makes them fatter or thiner. I had an anemonie that use to blow right up to double his size and then 2 hours later he would be nothing but a little blob that look almost dead! I've seen people bring them back to the store because they had died when in fact they had only "deflated" for lack of a better word.

I hope this explenation makes sense to you! Nice Anemonie by the way!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Cool

not sure if that one will split?? looks like a LTA. I've owned 2 and they just get bigger! BTA's split and then only some.

Thanks guys!
    I was a little worried here, as you have already know i've already lost my BTA a week ago and i don want to loose this one too.

So this Heteractis Magnifica would he be classified as a LTA group or others?
    Newbie in training

Originally posted by Khoa
    Thanks guys!
    I was a little worried here, as you have already know i've already lost my BTA a week ago and i don want to loose this one too.

So this Heteractis Magnifica would he be classified as a LTA group or others?
    The LTA is the common name for Macrodactyla Doreensis. Different beast. Yours is quite pretty. BTW, the magnifica tends to wander often on the glass.

How did you lose the BTA? Sorry to hear about this.
    20 g reef, 72 g reef

Got sucked into my mini ject 404 pump for my hang on refuge... Its the square looking pump with no intake.
    Newbie in training

KHOA, not to get on your case but shouldn't you be researching what you buy first? you didn't have a BTA you had a tube anenome [latin name escapes me] and now you didn't know what anenome you have? you had/have 2 anenomes in a 90g thats fairly new. you really should know more about them as there not easy to keep. what are you feeding it?

I have two fish tank. 1x 75gal and the other is a 90gal
    The first one that i've lost was a Green Bubble tip anemone and the second one i have now in my main tank which is the magnifica and i feed it brine shrimp.
    I did do some research on the magnifica after purchasing him. Although i did ask Mark at marine scape question reguard this guy before i've picked him up.

The tube anemone i bought from ivan was a gift for my gf which she puts it into her 10gal at home.
    And i am pretty sure i know what i am picking up at the store before dropping it in the tank.
    Newbie in training

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast