Thread: What the heck?

What the heck?

I was watching the tank, of course I was watching the tank, I seen this weird little Snail/Slug thing on the rock. It was a greyish color with a little spot on his back that was lighter grey. It doesn't seem to have a shell as such, maybe a soft shell? The whole thing is the same color so it was hard to tell. Anyway, he was crawling along and all of a sudden, he spit! Then he spit again! And again, and again, and again, and again! It came out almost like a little puff of smoke! Then when he was all "spit-out" another one just like him only Black came out of a nearby hole and did the same thing!

Does anyone have any clue as to what these things are? Are they safe for the tank? I didn't like the look of the stuff they spit into my tank!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

They may be stomatella snails. Was it's shell shorter than it's body? If it was stomatella snails, they are harmless grazers that reproduce like crazy. Whatever it was, it was probably spawning. It's spawn created a wave of frenzied spawing (hrony little buggers). Food for fish, generally.

Thanks Sara! I just looked them up and I think that's what they are. It says they realese their eggs and sperm into the water and breed during the day. Sounds about right to me! Good to know they won't hurt anything!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

any pics ?