Additions to my sump ..

I'll post some pics later, but my sump is FINALLY done (or what I think done is). But before I do put it to use, I'd like to know if I should add anything to it so I don't end up draining it and redoing some piece of it.

The dimensions are 44x16x16 (~50Gal) and it contains a 10Gal refugium, drop in area for where the water runs in from the tank, 3 baffles and a 10 gallon area to store live rock for some additional filtration.

The tank is basically identical to
    http://www.melevsreef.com/acrylics/s.../sumpthin.html
    but with a few minor changes.

I still haven't got the pics off my camera, but I'm now assuming by the lack of response that my sump is perfect?

Do you have need or want for Probe mounts? This might include pH, SG, etc. or float switches for autotopoff or high / low water alarms.

Do you have a way to mount your heaters?

Does your skimmer fit? Does it need a lift?

Do you want or need a way to clamp / stabilize your hoses and pumps ?

- Chris

Nothing is perfect, but, sometimes you come close enough for practical purposes. ;-)
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

I don't run a heater in my tank right now but was considering getting one soon. Oddly enough my tank stays at around 78degrees without a heater.

My skimmer doesn't fit but it's a hang-on anyways so I'm not concerned about him.

I still haven't bought the expensive probes and do all my tests the old fashioned way but I do agree that this might be something I want to look into right now.

See, now that's the kind of input I was looking for. I will do some research on what heater I want later on because then I can atleast make a suitable mount now. Furthermore I'm still investigating how to stabalize my hoses since they tend to droop into the tank. I may add an acrylic top and stick a bulkhead on them to make sure they stay put. Thanks for the input.