Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Hi, I'm new and can't wait to get started!!!

I only have a 35gal tank and have not set it up yet, in this house. I have had it set up twice before (I've had the tank for about 10yrs.) I don't have an elaborate system, lol obviously with only a 35gal. But it did well, I didn't seem to have any major fluctuations and didn't loose any fish either time. We are a military family and move every couple of years and that's why the tank hasn't been upgraded to something more spectacular. I am waiting to see if we are moving once again, and if not I will once again set up the tank! Oooooooohh I can't wait. I love watching my little fish and now I can introduce the kids to the love of salt water fish!

hello and welcome to AC. I'm also in the military and posted to gagetown. I'm like you I don't have a really big tank only a 55 right now. You'll love it here. The people on this site are awesome and very knowledgable. If you have a question don't be afraid to ask. There are a few people here in Fredericton and Oromocto into this Fishie addiction or rather hobby. (whats the difference thou!!!)
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Hi Mike, funny but that's where we are right now. We have been in Fredericton since August and my DH may be going to Borden, but we shall see. If we stay I will definitely need some advice as to where to pick up the necessities! Thanx for the welcome.

Welcome Sophic! You will enjoy it here! ASk away, we are here to help! Have you set up Saltwater before or just Fresh?
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Welcome to AC. The people here are great. I think you will find a few of us that have small tanks. mine is a 35 g. :beer:
    TANK -35 Gallon with 15 gallon sump/fuge
    LIGHTS - T5HO 36" 165 total watts
    FLOW - Mag 7, fluval 304, 201 powerhead
    OTHER - seaclone 100 skimmer, RO/DI water

Sophic I just got back from Borden. Now they want me to back again
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

well, first off,
    [welcome]
    to A.C.
    make yourself at home!!
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

I've had salt water both times I had the tank set up! I can't say I am extremely experienced, but I do love it. If only we had more money to invest in it, I would.

Thanx for the welcome, one and all.

I know, this hobby can get a bit expencive when you start going crazy. You can keep it simple but that is hard when you see all the good looking tanks people here have.

We're in Petawawa and hoping to be posted to NDHQ. If we are we want to go bigger with a 240 g. As for the cost we are limiting ourselves to one new item on pay days. But I gotta be honest it's driving me nuts and I can't help the feeling that the tank looks empty. UGH!
    Outside of a Dog,
    A book is man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
    Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast