Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frags

Frags

Does anyone know where one could purchase frags? My local "fish Store" owner suggested I look on line because he said that most suppliers bring in bigger pieces and he does not come across tiny pieces very often. I have a 24 gallon Nanocube with 50/50, 2 x 36 lighting and am a salt water virgin!! nuff said!! I am looking for small pieces for beginners. Thanks for any info.

You can purchase frags from ivan on this site, just go to live stock and look around.
    55 Gallon w 22 lbs of live sand and 40 lbs of crushed coral.
    60 lbs of live rock. 220 watts PC lighting.

Damsel, clowns, xenia, digitata, green star polyps, torch, zoo's, candycane, shrooms.

Talking

and remember, what you don't see on the site Ivan probaly has a ton more in stock. he normaly can't keep up with the updating of the pics

Does he have much in the way of frags?? One thing I would worry about is if they would arrive alive. I looked at what he had but I could not find anything in the way of shipping time and cost, maybe I was looking in the wrong spot??

I live in Newfoundland and I have ordered from Ivan a few times. He packages very well and everything showed up in excellent condition. I think he has a flat rate of $30 with a $10 box charge if he ships Canada Post (next day)but if this is not an option then he would ship Via Air Canada (ussually same day)and that runs around $70=$80 I think. This is just what I remember. If you send him a PM (private massage) he usually gets back to you pretty quick! Also as Johnny Rock said ask him what he has cause it's not always posted on the site!

Mushrooms and Leathers would be good choices to start out with. Maybe a Xenia.
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

I think once you fill out an order form it tells you how much shipping will be when you get to the checkout screen. As far as arriving alive, the majority of ivans business is shipping so I'm sure he has very good precautions for shipping livestock. I would just advise to not order during an extremely cold stretch.
    55 Gallon w 22 lbs of live sand and 40 lbs of crushed coral.
    60 lbs of live rock. 220 watts PC lighting.

Damsel, clowns, xenia, digitata, green star polyps, torch, zoo's, candycane, shrooms.

I guess not ordering during a cold snap is a good idea, who wants fishcicles!! I think it is about 6 hours drive to Ottawa from where I live, I guess that's not too bad!!

What kind of Frag's are you looking for? I have a few Acan's, Zoo's, Toads, Blasto's that I Frag out every few months but because they are Rare'r then your normal everyday corals they are alittle more pricey, but no GST either !!
    Kevin.

As I am a beginner, at this point I would want frags that are "easy". My tanks par. are perfect, but my lights are the stock that come with the Nanocube DX which is 2 x 36, 50/50, so something that would do well in these conditions. There seems to be some different opinions about these lights, I find them bright, you can see my house 4 blocks away!! Any ideas??

what city are you in?
    I have some frags, I am in oakville
    It's not a hobby,it's an obsession.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast