Flatworm exit walkthrough please

it says to use canister filter full of carbon to remove toxins.. i do not have one...

and anyhow i don't have full tank of flatworms so do i dose 95 drops worth? 75 gal with small sump.. about 90gals worth of water..

any help would be appreciated..

Siphon out as many as you can.

Get a bunch of water ready for a water change

Get a big bag of carbon ready to go in your sump

You can dose well above what is recomended. I normally dose about twice as much. You will find this is pretty common on the various threads. The treatment isn't really toxic to most things. But. . .the toxins released by the flatworms is bad stuff.

Dose the tank and wait until they die. They will run around like crazy and then float away.

Do a water change and throw the carbon in the sump if a very high flow area.

It is very easy and very effective. Plan on a followup treatment in about a week. This one will be easy since there will not be very many flatworms left to release toxins.

Good luck.

i only had a few i only really ever seen 6 at tops...

Can you syphon all 6 out?!!!

6 sounds like a good excuse to get a 6-line Wrasse. Or... it makes a real easy treatment with FW exit.

If you see six you have more. Your options:

- Siphon out what you see everytime you see them. This is how I started out when I just had a few. I figure there were actually ten times more than I could see. It was a losing battle.

- Start buying fish that may or may not eat them. This was my second course of action. I had a sixline, mandarin, yellow wrasse and leopard wrasse. All ate flatworms but not nearly enough to keep up with them. I now had hundreds.

- Start cutting out any and all foods/additives that may be helping them to thrive and siphon out all you can once a week. My third line of defense. After several months of this I had thousands. Did you see the pics I've posted of the cohesed mats of flatworms covering my sandbed?

- Use flatworm exit. It worked for me. Haven't seen a flatworm since. No other losses.
    Susan

i used flatworms exit last night... i double dosed.. and i see no flatwormsa at all todat and my clowns are fine and my pom pom xenia is opened and pumping.. all hermits are ok..

i added carbon last night to a Aquaclear 150 hanging on my sump and ran it all night and will let it run for the next few days..

awsome..

even the tiny clear flatworms are gone lol..

Good choice. When you just have a few is the best time to do it. Keep an eye out for the next couple weeks, often a few straglers are left and a second dose is needed. When I did my tank I tripple dosed the first time and double dosed the second. I really don't think that the FE itself is toxic to anything but the flatworms.
    Susan