Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    why is it that in the morning my tank looks fine, not that much red algae but when i get home at night its look horrible?

you know all these useless pruchases at the LFS...like oh that looks good...and end up in the closet...man i have a BIG box of that junk...filters,air pumps,heaters,pumps..etc..wow eheheh...i bought a remora c,a berlin turbo,a seaclone,3 prizm...all new....to end up bying a lifereef..man thats alot of money in the can ehehe

CRazy,

I really hope you can at least maybe take a break for a few days to think it all over....
    Derik...

Originally posted by way_2crazy4u
    why is it that in the morning my tank looks fine, not that much red algae but when i get home at night its look horrible?
    take off you sunglasses when you go inside
    Rob

maybe crazy you could get some macro algea and just throw it in the tank...it will absob all the nitrates and phosphate if you have any
    Derik...

That is probably cyano ( Cyanobacteria). One of the normal stages in the tank maturing. This stuff tends to proliferate when it gets light. It's a bacteria and not really an algae. This stuff usually shows up because of an imbalance of the nutrients being introduced in your tank from waste, unconsumed food, etc.. and inadequate flow in areas. Your bacteria has to still kick in and get balanced out. If and when to much livestock is introduced in the beginning, the bacteria is overwhelmed and can't keep up with all the nutrients.

Derik,
    I have 2 cardboard boxes full of plumbing parts I jokingly ( although I remember a few of those times weren't exactly fun at the moment!!) call "My box of mistakes"!!

As to your last post, while that might help with nutrient export, it might not be a good idea just in case he gets one of the nasty tpes of macros such as most common Caulerpas. These algaes attach to the rockwork rather well and are another ride through hell to get rid of afterwards. it's best to put stuff like this in an inline sump or refuge.

Uv light and or diatom filter
    Derik...

Greg you know what Van would call that box junk " DIY" future projects:biggrinbo
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Your right greg....i never had any other than in a fuge....but even a hang on filter could do it for a fuge..cheap too..
    Derik...

Despite some of the bashing that went on :hammerhea THANKS A MILLION to everyone for all your help and encouragement

Derik,
    Yeah I guess.

Robin,
    But practically everything in there is a connector of one type or another!!! (I'm sure every single one of us has one or two of these hanging around uselessly) It would be like trying to form words with only vowels!!!:

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast