Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Is there such a thing as a wooden keyboard at pier 1 for real?? I was just saying that figuratively. Dang, now that my cover is blown, the reef gods will make me pay for it. I'm dooooomed!
    thanks.
    thien

Well, when i think of all the $$$ i spent, i didn't feel like selling my tank at a loss. If it would have continued till now i would have been long gone. It's satisfying to come home to a nice looking tank and to see that things are doing good even if if it's not perfect. I was in a hurry at first to buy fish, corals etc... but now i am in slow mode taking it 1 small step at a time and i am sure this will pay off. Rushing things only makes someone make mistakes that can be costly in this hobby.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Greg,
    its actually the keys that are made with wood and the letters and numbers are burnt in the wood....the rest of the board is made of aluminum that looks like chrome....You can actually get them with the whole kit www.retrowoodenkeysanddrives.net plus you get the matching wooden computer screen with an old radio built in it just like the old tv's..
    Derik...

Well all new reefers have heard about the cycle the tank goes through. Here's the cycle the reef keeper goes through:

- newbie is VERY excited and buys all necessary equipment and gets it up and going, drives his friends and family nuts talking about it

- nothing goes as expected and everything starts going wrong, mother nature throws a little algae your way just to make it look bad too

- just as you get to the point you absolutely hate your tank and the hobby in general things start coming around in the tank

- new reefer is now a little more seasoned and although no longer really excited is now hopelessly addicted
    Susan

wasn't that a passage in the bible?
    Derik...

honestly i must say u guys and girls are all great and i have to admit i think u have all managed to convince me to stucj it out and see what happens. Another thing i forgot to mention is that my 2 cleaner shrimp are also doing great, they have shed skin twice in the last month.

Happy to see you will not give up. Keep us updated. Do you have any pics of your tank?
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

not the best pic but let me know what u think, thanks

Cool

ouch, that pic hurts. here is an idea that will help a bit. take the rock out one by one and scrub it with a nylon brusch in saltwater[same salinity as tank]. plus, you need to have many openings in the rock work so that flow can make it around the tank.lots of caves.

When I had a bad hair algae outbreak a few months back, cres put together a scrub brush and a hose attached to a short handle (2 feet). I scrubbed the rock inside the tank and used the hose to syphon out the algae as I scrubbed. A lot of work....removing the rock may be easier.
    Stick with it....it will get better.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast