Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Crazy,

I have seen alot worse than that...do like johnny says...take one rock at a time and go at the dollar store and get like a toilet cleaning brush and clean them one by one.....
    Derik...

unfortunately things have turned around for me and have decided to sell all, check out the classifieds for more info
    thanks to all but i no longer have the patience or urge to continue. It's starting to be a real pain in the A** and no longer fun for me

Will .. if you think it is a pain in the A** ..... and you get no enjoyment out of it then I guess you should pack it in.
    Rob

definitly...especially if you though it over very well and it stresses you just thinking about it......
    Derik...

Question, is that sandbox sand? silica may be yur problem if it is. if its aragonite, forget i asked.

way_2crazy4u you are quitting throwing hard earned money, not a hobby. You never were in the hobby to begin with.
    Web sites like this one should encourage people interested in saltwater aquariums by proofing that is possible to maintain thriving aquarium by simply following few simple rules which are not hard to follow but at the same time clearly voicing all hard points that someone new to the hobby can expect.
    You break all the rules.
    On the bright side you can consider yourself as saltwater fish/reef donator since you are donating brand new equipment at 1/3 or less of the cost.
    Many real hobbyists will benefit from your unfortunate adventure.
    Man that goes to bed with itchy butt, wakes up with stinky finger!
    -Confusious

Well said aqua. Crazy, i went through the same crap as you and the main reason i didn't quit was because i didn't want to throw all that $$$$ to the garbage. I persevered and i am extremely happy i never did it. Think twice before you sell everything. You will enjoy it 1000 fold if you give the tank a chance. some people loose $10000+ in their tanks and dont quit and those people aren't rich.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

If someone have lost more than 10 000$ in that hobby and he is not rich then he should have quit a while ago !!!:OMG:

Damn, that is a lot of money to get nothing in the end and to think you have lost it...

That is just hobby, and the money we spent should give us fun and not make us think that we loose our time and money...

Don't take for cash... it is just my philosophy

Steve

well, what do you think happened to many reefers in florida with the hurricanes. It's not like they had insurance on their tanks. That didn't stop them from rebuilding.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

OMG this thread is still striving....
    It took me 2 days 2 nite to finish reading it all.
    Keep in mind im a very busy guy
    Newbie in training

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast