Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    I have spent a lot of money too, surely less than many of you for sure... But I am sure, that for all almost all of you these expenses were not done for nothing... I am sure that, OSD, you did have a lot of fun with your 8251.03$ spent in the last 2 years and that you will enjoy it for a whiler too...

My point was not about the money itself we spent, it was about the perception we have about it!

Steve

There is NO DOUBT Steve that I have as part of this hobby enjoyed setting up my tank and YES I will get many years of enjoyment out of it. That being said everyone who gets into our hobby needs to keep at it even in the face of adversity to really see the return for the INVESTMENT made. As big as that number seems to be if I was into fishing, snow mobiling etc that wouldn't even buy me a decent boat or snow machine.
    Rob
    Rob

good news and bad news, first i sold my tank completly to some guy, then he cancelled after i told everyone it was sold, i think its a sign to keep on trucking lol, so i guess i will keep it, i just won't break my head anymore like i used too

Wel, all I can say is to take it easy from now on and don't stress over every little detail. Don't add anything else for a long while and ask here beforehand before you buy anything. We will walk you through it till you have a nice tank.
    Remember the golden rule, PATIENCE!! And also while you're remembering that, tag this on too. It's a hobby, not a job so "enjoy" it sloooowlllyyyy!!!!!!!

You are totally right OSD, it is an expensive hobby for sure but compared to other hobby, it is not that worse. :thumb:

And for every dollar I spent I get so much fun !!

Way 2 carzy, take your time to gather a lot of information and to know better how does a reef tank works...

I know what your are facing right now, In my present system I am stuck with hair algae since many month, I have search the cause of this and have realized, that many things in my system are not correct. My skimmer was a shit, I had not enough flow in my tank and sump. My landscape was not well built and I had a lot of dead spot... Now I am rebuilding the whole system and I expect it is going to work better! :bananadan

you know i don't know which of my hobbies is more expensive the reef tank or my go kart lol

Hey crazy, glad your going to keep trucking, youve found the right place to get great info, use it up dude!

All the above advice is good, and I guess its the opposite of go carting, the slower the better!!!
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

Hey crazy, how is your tank?

I've only add my 20g up for 3 weeks now and I'm experimenting the same things. I have no fish or coral yet.

Thanks to the people om this forum, I'm taking it slow.

My tank looked good for the first 2 weeks and now looks like crap.

It's in my nature to want to fixe things and often to fixe them now. But reading this forum and from experiance in other hobbys.....patience is the key.

Take care of your tank.....but don't obses about it.

It's summer......go outside and play........ go carting.
    P.S. I'm french so I never make any typos......they are actual mistakes :sorry:
    I'm not in a rush.....but I am on a budget! :bigcry:

My tank right now looks amazing, and i'm enjoying very minute of it!!! unfortunately no time for carting - too much work to do. Hope your tank turns out wonderful!!!

From drama to good advice and a bit of philosophy through it all. A good read, made myself take a step back and rethink some stuff. Glad to see you stick through it way_2crazy4u. Now the fun part comes, finding out what you can, can't and what you will put in your tank.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617