Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    What are your water params at? alk, nitrite, nitrates, ph etc...
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Originally posted by mike9515756
    Where did you get all your equip and live goods? I hope it wasen't at aquatropicale.
    Now..., in all honesty, what difference would "that" make?!! Granted, advise should always be taken with a grain of salt ( IO that is...) but why does it matter where you buy the equipment? I have bought many things there..., both live & drygoods. it's up to "you" to know what you're buying and the drygoods are the same anywhere else. You think they open the stuff and sabotage it?!!

I agrtee 100% with Johnny Rock the problem lies in it being a new tank and stocked too fast. Also, maybe the filtering is not up to par. Still waiting to hear about the skimmer, etc...

Skimmer is an aqua c remora pro with a mag 5

My 150 gallon tank comes from there and i bought some livestock there also...

I have set up serveral new tanks in the last 3-4 years and all went through a bad algea phase...even my last one that was transfered directly from my 150 to my 40...now its past...

Are you 100% sure that your nitrates are o?Algea and phospahte does love nitrates....

maybe i missed it but i will ask again....how long do you go without cleaning your canister and what are putting in it?Filter pads etc....
    Derik...

well my filter has only been running the last 2 weeks with all new media and floss in it

what about the water you add for top off and water changes- I haven't seen mention of good clean water. Do you have a r.o. unit or do you use bottled water?
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

i used filtered water from the tap and i treat it with prime

What is the problem with aquatropicale.....well think about it since you go there. live rock: ya right you call that live rock it looks like bleached rock that is non porous. it's far from live no wonder they sell it for 4-5$/lb. Fish: they have dead fish in all their tanks and ick is all over their fish and they share all the sumps so diseases spread in all tanks. Corals...are ok but for the rest i would stay away. Ya and the guy who works there told me to use tap water for my tank. People (newbe's) dont necessarely know what they are buying when they start out and taking the advice of guys like them would be bad!!!!
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."

filtered with what?If you use just a brita it wont get all the bad metals out especially if youve got alot of that stuff in your city water...what is prime?Is that a chloramine and chloramine remover?

Another thing..if you use carbon make sure its phospahte free...ALOT of it out there isnt.....I never leave and filter floss or any filter pads more than 4-5 days in my canister..i mainly use it for prefilter my uv light.....What other media do you put in there?
    Derik...

Who informed you on the workings of salt water way_2crazy4u? I think you need to read and learn the right ways of setting up your tank.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast