Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    good question- filtered with what?
    Mike- there is a lesson here: everybody should do their research and then buy with the knowledge they need to make a proper purchase.
    I do have to disagree with you about the live rock- yes sometimes it isn't that colourfull, but the colour really has no bearing on its quality. I think they often have very good live rock.
    Advice?? not great!!
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

its a household filter system designed to removed heavy metals and chlorine, and yes prime is a chlorine, chloramine remover, in my filter i use only filter pads and some floss no carbon

as for the workings on saltwater i have 3 buddies that have had saltwater for the longest time and also work at aqua tropical, and i am almost afraid to say it but they use regular tap water and their tanks look good. Also the big show tank at big als, was for the longest time using tap water also.

I knew this was a result from aquatropicale because the guys there no NOTHING. Their tanks dont even look good if you want my opinion. How do you know that the show tank at big als has been using tap water??? I know some of their employees did come from aquatropicale but i also know that they have an rodi unit and use it and i really doubt they use tap water. Their show tank has only been up for 1 year by the way.

Matt, i dont know about you but i dont know anyone who would want their live rock. To me it looks like yellowish base rock. Why do you think it's the cheapes LR in Canada. Who can beat 4-5$.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

depends who u talk to at aqua tropical, cause yes there are some that don't know anything. As for big als the lady who works there and cares for it told me so, and the the ro/di unit was only added recently, and she also added that it really didn't need it and that the tank was doing fine on tap water

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mike9515756
    I knew this was a result from aquatropicale because the guys there no NOTHING.[/QUOTE

What does any of that have to do with what is happening here in Way_2crazy's tank?!!! How the heck are you linking the 2 together?!!!!
    As with "any" store, you have to know for yourself what you're getting and know what to look for. I have bought many, many things from there and I have NEVER had a single problem with anything!! That includes liverock, clams, inverts, fish, corals ( SPS, LPS and softies), and drygoods. Perhaps most of the people working there don't know anything, but again what store is any different than that?!!

Mike,
    Out of curiosity, what store do "YOU" recommend and why?

The only fish really that i saw floating dead in there tanks were freshwater..but maybe i went at wrong times
    Derik...

Maybe they put the SW fish in the FW tanks!!:

AHHAHA well Greg lots of weird things happen in this world eheheh
    Derik...

Hi Way 2crazy,

I would do what most is mentioning,
    1- no more fish for 6 weeks and no food if you have no fish
    2-clean out your canister leave it empty for now you can add some type of chemical filtration inside if you wish.
    3- Got to use R.O it`s just so much better.
    4- increase circulation.
    5- when everything settles down and you start to add fish take it slow.

As for the AquaTrop stuff,well there is good and bad in every store if you look for it,but like Toutouche said they dont sabotage the livestock or drygoods.
    Information on the other hand...that is something that you should research to get the best info out there about your future purchases and questions, and as you see you get a whole lot of that on forums like this one.
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Toutouche
    Originally posted by mike9515756
    I knew this was a result from aquatropicale because the guys there no NOTHING.[/QUOTE

What does any of that have to do with what is happening here in Way_2crazy's tank?!!! How the heck are you linking the 2 together?!!!!
    As with "any" store, you have to know for yourself what you're getting and know what to look for. Mike,
    Out of curiosity, what store do "YOU" recommend and why?
    Way_2crazy doesn't seem to know the right ways of setting up a saltwater tank. This isn't his fault because his friends work at aquatropicale and they showed him how to do it. I am linking the two together because i go to big als and talk to the people who work there and before i setup my tank i went to aquatropicale and talked to ken(i think that is his name) and the way this thread was going made me think of the things Ken told me. For big als when you go there and talk to them and tell them i have cyano, all my fish are dying etc... they will ask you questions to find out what you are doing wrong and I personally think that they know more than most stores do if you talk to Gwen or the manager(dont remember his name). If you buy your full setup there they will prob intice you to get test kits but Way_2crazy doesn't seem to have any. There aren't many stores i would recommend except maybe big als because there are the only ones who dont talk nonsense. Although, i am not really pleased with their fish because ick is all over the place. Every time i went to aquatropicale, i saw minimum 4 dead fish in their tanks half eaten or rotten or i saw infefected tangs. Now all their sumps are shared for fish...would you want to buy a fish in a store where you see that. Corals on the othre side, i have to admit that they look good.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast