Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    good point.. smartest thing i heard for a while..

Greg---i just felt like praticing my typing ehehehhe is there a problem with that..do you want to fight about!!!!:argue: ahahaha just kidding....

Guys i think that info and point of views are to be said and heard cause that is how you get new ideas and point of views...Rc is a very good site but still has some bad info as anywere else..i think the only big difference between here and RC is that here this site is more personalized and peoplle tend to take take more attention to each others post...

Greg...the big als in montreal with gwen and brent(the owner)is very good..especially compared to the ones in ottawa..i wouldnt even buy a goldfish there
    Derik...

lol.. yeah the one on Innes Rd is horrible..

dead fish and sick tanks all the time..

I know and there is one guy that works there hes kinda weird...and what else do they have to do then keep there tanks clean...i would freeking out beeing the owner
    Derik...

Mike,
    For myself, I was always answering in relations to you associating AquaT directly with the cause of his problems mentioned here.
    You "cannot" blame a store.., any store for your mistakes or if someone was too lazy to do their homework.
    Yes, when new people start in the hobby, they often get mislead by the stores..., I've been there too, but it's up to you afterwards to get other opinions and do your homework. Remember, it's a store, out to make a profit. And yes, there are some stores that have better customer support policies but that won't have any effect on your tank... "IF"!!!! you did your homework!!

Greg, I know and it's normal for stores to be there to make a profit. But it's also sad to see that stores make $$$ off people who dont know what they are doing and making them want to quit. But if someone doesn't do their homework well....it's his fault. Also, i might be getting the wrong impression here but I think it's important to have opinions and voice them and argue your points of view instead of being quiet. Being quiet and only listening will only make you closed-minded and that is not the right way to learn and get experience.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

But if someone doesn't do their homework well....it's his fault.
    That may be true, but when that person asks for advice to help correct the problem, they don't deserve to be attacked. Hopefully they've learned their lesson and won't make that mistake again.

But it's also sad to see that stores make $$$ off people who dont know what they are doing and making them want to quit
    You may not me making money off of them, but your attitude could certainly make them want to quit this hobby. Ease up a little bit.

It is good to voice your opinion, but you should try to do it with a little diplomacy. Instead of accusing someone of not knowing what they're doing and attacking them before you know the whole story, try to be a little more open-minded and listen to what someone is saying. You might think you're right...you might even be right...but you have to be willing to accept that someone else might be right as well.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.
    James...

"Knowing is half the battle!" ~ G.I. JOE

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But if someone doesn't do their homework well....it's his fault.

That may be true, but when that person asks for advice to help correct the problem, they don't deserve to be attacked. Hopefully they've learned their lesson and won't make that mistake again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just reiterating a statement made by greg. "You "cannot" blame a store.., any store for your mistakes or if someone was too lazy to do their homework."

I may have attacked Aquat and the people who work there with great vengence and furious anger but i dont feel that i have attacked him directly or in an aggressive way. Yes you are right, i am a bit too dirtect and should back off a bit and become more diplomatic about things.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Just to sum up quickly but i have done tons of research, water tests and then compared the results to about 3 other test kits and all results were the same. I hate to dis-appoint some of u but i did do my research before getting into this. At least my corals are doing amazing but i think i will go back to freshwater. I don't find this fun or enjoyable anymore and i am quite honestly fed up. I spend almost every night reading, researching, i travel from rdp to brossard to the west island and every where in between looking for the healthest fish which i think in my opinion come from Octopus where most of my fish were purchased with the approval of my buds who know exactly what to look for. At the moment i have a skunk clown who look like he's doing fine. Water flow in my tank is pretty strong cause my sand keeps blowing around. Someone also told me to try "slimeez" for the algae??? Then again i might be getting rid of this tank all together.

Thank you all for your help it is greatly appreciated!!! but i am not sure if saltwater is really for me in the end.

this hobby is definatley not for the faint of heart or lazy person thats for sure. I find the challenge the rewarding part. have you ever seen a full blown reef tank in its prime,no fresh water tank can even compare. as a matter of fact, there boring.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast