Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Well I dont think you should give up,but its your choice.

Johnny your right, Reefs are just beautiful but Freshwater can be quite nice to when you have a Well Ballanced and well stocked ecosystem with inverts(Amano shrimp ect),Discus,schools of cardinals,loaches lots of real plants it to has its beauty.
    I kept Dutch tanks while my company was transfering me throughout Quebec and freshwater was my anchor in the hobby.

I guess Im just a SUCKER FOR EVERYTHING UNDERWATER
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Cool

read my avatar, kept fresh for over 15 years.

WOW ... how did this happen????
    way_2crazy4u ... Take the break you need for about 6 weeks while your tank goes through the uglies. Don't neglect it completely but avoid being obsessed. It will turn itself around in due time when the available nitrates and phosphates have been depleted. How long with that take??? that depends on how dirty the sand bed is.
    Rob

Sorry to hear about the problems your going thru... but in one form or another most of us have been thru the same.
    Algae control is an all nutrient control. an imbalance is the cause of the problem, and fixing it will solve the algae bloom...keep at it. :banghead:

Hey Canadian guy, YOU realy need to go back and read this thread SLOWLY. From what you say on your post I think you might be skimming through a little too fast. Mike wasnt attaking ANYONE. Looks like your attaking him though. Get off the band wagon.

He was just using this thread to express his dislike for Aquat.
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

Thank you reefsurfer for your comment. I will go thorugh some other threads here later tonight and demonstrate attaks that went without any bashing or negative comments. Same comments I have made but towards other people. Some people seem to bow down to moderators but talk very negatively to me.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

''some people seem to bow down to mods'' what does that comment really mean? I don't get it. why would anyone bow down to mods here? you see mike, you just stuck your foot in your mouth again, a few posts back you stated that you needed to use more tacked and control in your posting but you just insulted many people here and me as well. what does a mod do anyways? answer me that. we try our best to help others, we try to keep the site running smooth. we get NO payment for this and we spend countless hours here helping.
    I'll remember to ignore any questions you may need answered in the future as I think your a bit of a smart aleck and fairly immature.there is other reefing sites you can visit were they love to debate and trash talk.
    p.s lets get off the topic or close the thread

You see Johnny, i have endured a whole day of bashing and insults because of my opinion and comments regarding aquat. I get criticized for my comments. But when a Mod does it to Erico...(Greg no hard feelings) it becomes ok. Why? Well probably because no one is willing to step up to a Mod. Also I havent isulted any of you but i get comments like:
    ''I never learned anything while talking but alot while listing''
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people "think" you're an idiot, than to open it and "prove" your an idiot"!!!
    "if i were you i'd be quiet and enjoy the hobby and learn like everyone else.. with experience."
    "You may not me making money off of them, but your attitude could certainly make them want to quit this hobby. Ease up a little bit. The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."

and more. I dont know about you Johnny but this sounds insulting to me. And yes i tried to keep it in, but the more i thought about these comments the more aggravated i got.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

You are right at 1000% ROb....avoid being obsessed...its a hobby....like i said in one of my previous posts...dont take it as a chore.......its a hobby and when it becomes stressfull its a chore.....believe me ive been that stressful road...i mean really stressfull being so obsesed by it.....do like rob says...at least wait out your 6 weeks and if you really are tired of it...well maybe go fish only..no corals....or just basic fish that are easy to take care of..if all is too much to you then..go back to saltwater......I think there is alot of people that felt the way you do..you are not alone...but most of them are still in saltwater......

Originally posted by One Salty Dog
    WOW ... how did this happen????
    way_2crazy4u ... Take the break you need for about 6 weeks while your tank goes through the uglies. Don't neglect it completely but avoid being obsessed. It will turn itself around in due time when the available nitrates and phosphates have been depleted. How long with that take??? that depends on how dirty the sand bed is.
    Rob
    Derik...

WOW this thread is like the energizer bunny...it just keep going and going.

I think the main thing is that way_2crazy4u is about to give up,and its posts that get out of control that doesnt help,what do you all think...
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast