Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    your right Robin i think Crazy is experiencing a bad time and everyone should chime in there bad experiences....like hes having
    Derik...

I think this thread should be closed because THIS IS NOT WHAT THIS HOBBY IS ALL ABOUT. I hate seeing this stuff here and or anywhere. The guy posted a cry for some support and after reading this he might just leave the hobby. THAT WOULD BE A SHAME.
    Rob

Well way_2crazy4u,

After I reset my tank up I had just about every bad thing from Cyano to a thick turf algae then back to cyano.after a couple of months everything settled in and its been all good for quite some time now,I would go slow dont invest but let it all settle in by itself and before you know it you will be getting a larger tank cause you luv Reefing that much.
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Rob can you share a few bad experiences that you had also..just so that crazy knows that he's not alone going through these types of aggravating situations
    Derik...

I agree OSD, close the thread. It's starting to get out of line. But, i think some guidelines should be made on this site.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Way2,
    If it helps you any..., at one point a long time ago when I was just setting up my tank, I almost put a hammer through it and if it wasn't for my wife that told me to just take a break and stop for a couple days, I would have!! I was so stressed out about things not going smoothly that I too was ready to quit!!

That I don't agree with guideline beyond what is already part of the user agreement Mike. It is a open public forum and to become to restrictive would not be proper. Part of our input here as mods to to manage threads like this one and end them when the time is right. This like any other thread will not be closed until ALL mods agree that it is the right thing to do... and only if its the right thing to do
    Rob

NO Please dont close the thread yet...lets just stay on crazy's issue and try to help him by sharing our experiences.....and stop talking about anything else but the subject...
    Derik...

hahahaha..

How about all the horrible equipment purchases back in the late 80` and 90`s if I would have done what we do now I would probably be taking an early retirement.
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Originally posted by volitan
    Rob can you share a few bad experiences that you had also..just so that crazy knows that he's not alone going through these types of aggravating situations
    Derik ... I don't have bad experiences ... I have learning experiences
    There is a silver lining around EVERY black cloud. In this case it is that all that UGLY algae is going to burn itself out when it uses up ALL the nitrates in the tank and the water will be balanced again for a fresh start.... after a water change...
    Rob

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast